Junior Business Analyst
Operations – Issuing
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is actively seeking a resourceful Junior Business Analyst with a can-do attitude to join our growing Product Team in Mauritius. You will provide deep analytical expertise on Card Payment Networks related charges including interchange and scheme fees to drive and revolutionise Checkout.com product from vision into reality in the most effective and efficient way.
The Junior Business Analyst will act as an important bridge between Product and Technology to understand desired outcomes, elicit requirements and then translate them into coherent functionalities that can be easily implemented. You will also collaborate cross-functionally with multiple teams including Sales, Finance and Marketing on interchange and scheme fees related developments, analyses and reporting.
You will synthesise and articulate business insights to deliver required specifications, conduct feasibility studies and produce designs/models. You will support the roll-out of a variety of initiatives, from business-led projects (e.g. product launches) to technology-led projects (e.g. security upgrades).
- Ownership of projects across their entire lifecycle
- Collecting, understanding and conveying business requirements for given projects
- Finding and communicating solutions to large and/or complex needs
- Producing business and functional requirements as well as inputting into technical requirements
- To develop, optimise & document business processes
- Conduct day to day management of formal change requests in relation to changes in project scope
- Highlight, report and manage project risks & issues
- Be Checkout.com’s subject matter expert for both internal and external stakeholders on Card Payment Networks fees
- Assist on aspects of interchange and scheme fees modelling including business case, impact analysis and development for new fees and existing fees updates
- Assess Card Schemes invoices to ensure accuracy and engage relevant teams for investigation
- Review and promptly attend to queries with regards to interchange and scheme fees
- Assist with development and maintenance of training and education materials
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of hands-on Business Analyst experience in a fast-paced technology start-up and/or in financial services and/or in payments processing would be appreciated
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure, multitask and consistently meet tight deadlines
- Superb communication skills with the ability to interact with multidisciplinary stakeholders
- Ability and willingness to maintain knowledge and skills with an emphasis on continuous learning about new trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel required
- Experience with SQL server, Looker, JIRA and Confluence is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance/Statistics/Business/Actuarial or equivalent.
- Fluency in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.