Product Lead - Payouts
Product – Product Management
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the Role
Checkout.com is seeking a Product Lead to join our Payouts Team, within our FX & Payouts Product. Our passion is to change the world of online payments and the team sits at the heart of achieving our ambitious vision and goals.
You will act as an important bridge between Product, Technology and Design, to understand desired outcomes, elicit requirements, and then translate them into coherent functionalities that can be easily implemented for our innovative and groundbreaking products. You will synthesise and articulate business insights to deliver required specifications, conduct feasibility studies, and produce designs/models.
About the Team - Payouts
The Payouts Team is responsible for the Checkout.com PayToBank and PayToCard products. The product utilises banks and alternate payment networks leveraging proprietary technology to optimise payout flows, reduce exception rates and seamlessly deliver payouts globally.
- Lead the strategy, vision and roadmap for the Payouts team from inception to delivery
- Maintain optimal external provider relationships including Banks and Schemes
- Drive payment optimisation through reporting and market analysis
- Manage and drive go to market strategy and launches
- Represent the Payout Product in commercial meetings and be prepared to travel
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders inside and outside the team to discuss everything from discovery to prioritisation
- Direct line management responsibility for the product team
- Work with the team in all areas of people development
- Utilise prioritsation methodologies to effectively prioritise the roadmap and backlog
- Work with an agile mindset
- Determine core stakeholders and communication methods to ensure alignment within the organisation
- 6+ years experience in Product Management, managing end-to-end product lifecycles from discovery to release
- A strong advocate of people development, with proven experience in a coaching or mentorship capacity
- Strong payments background and experience working with external providers
- Proven ability to work with and become a subject matter expert in a complex product
- Worked in an agile environment
- Solid communicator with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders across a variety of functions
- Understands the FinTech market – preferably Payments
- Flexible, adaptable and has a willingness to learn
- Tech-savvy, with a passion for everything Tech and Product
- Fluent in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.