Product Lead - Prism
Product – Product Management
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the Role
The Product Lead will define the vision, strategy and roadmap for the Risk Product (Prism) team within Checkout.
Prism is Checkout's risk-optimisation and fraud-prevention product. Handling hundreds of millions of transactions per year, it leverages both machine-learning and rules to handle this volume with high-throughput and low-latency. As risk is pivotal in the payment value-chain, Prism is fully integrated with many other Checkout products (Gateway, Authentication, Acquiring, Data/Reporting).
As the competitive landscape is dense and quite mature, technical excellence and efficient execution alone cannot guarantee the success of the product: innovation and bold standard setting are essential.
Being able to traverse a broad range of dependencies with a technical and product-driven mindset is also crucial, and working collaboratively with stakeholders inside and outside the team is key to the success of the team.
- Be the core advocate for the Prism team and product
- Lead the strategy, vision and roadmap for the Prism team from inception to delivery
- Direct line management responsibility for the Engineering Lead
- Work with the team in all areas of people development
- Utilise prioritisation methodologies to effectively prioritise the roadmap and backlog
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders inside and outside the team to discuss everything from discovery to prioritisation
- Lead cross-team projects raised by the Prism team and work collaboratively on any other cross-team projects (Risk & Fraud, Gateway, Acquiring, Business Intelligence, etc)
- Work with an agile mindset
- Determine core stakeholders and communication methods to ensure alignment within the organisation
- 6+ years experience in Product Management, managing end-to-end product lifecycles from discovery to release (ideally data-intensive products)
- A strong advocate of people development, with proven experience in a coaching or mentorship capacity
- Strong technical background, ideally a Computer Science degree, similar qualifications or experience
- Experience or strong interest in data a strong plus
- Proven ability to work with and become a subject matter expert in a complex product
- Worked in an agile environment
- Solid communicator with the ability to manage multiple stakeholders across a variety of functions
- Understands the FinTech market – preferably Payments & Risk/Fraud
- Flexible, adaptable and has a willingness to learn
- Tech-savvy, with a passion for everything Tech and Product
- Fluent in English
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.