Senior Card Schemes Partnerships Manager
Operations – Acquiring and Partnerships
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Checkout.com is seeking a talented Senior Card Schemes Partnerships Manager to join the adventure and support the business rapid growth and expansion.
Your main responsibility will be to contribute to the development, management and overall strategy of retention and growth of our Card Scheme Partners. In this hybrid role, you will have the opportunity to interact at all levels externally (e.g. being the main business advisor for our partner) and internally (e.g. acting as a Project Manager to make sure our acquiring function infrastructure is scaling as we grow quickly).
Reporting directly to our SVP Financial Partnership, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on a broad range of projects and play a key role in building a world- class department and supporting the company’s rapid growth.
- Relationship Management: manage and develop existing relationships with card scheme partners.
- Project Management: Lead the formulation and implementation of various acquiring related projects.
- Business Development: Support geographical expansion plans through new acquiring partnerships, creating new business opportunities and promoting Checkout.com brand.
- Operations Management: Work closely with our acquiring partners on a day-to-day basis to resolve operational issues that affect our merchant base.
- Sales Support: Provide payments expertise to support local sales teams on strategic deals involving our card scheme partners.
- 4+ years’ leading the development of payment products and/or working on Card Scheme related projects.
- A strategic thinker with excellent project management skills
- Solid knowledge of today’s major ecommerce and payments technologies, players and major up-and-coming trends
- Customer-oriented and able to establish robust relationship with assigned customer base
- Dynamic approach adapting to changing requirements with the ability to manage multiple opportunities concurrently
- Exceptional communication skills and negotiation techniques
- BSc in Business Administration or related
- Fluent in English, in addition fluency in French or Spanish would be an advantage
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.