QA Engineer - (m/f/d)
Technology – Quality Assurance
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will work with a predefined test strategy for your product and make a significant contribution using our modern and highly efficient testing framework. Your natural problem-solving skills, inquisitive mind and attention to detail will contribute towards a strong culture of quality across the organisation and have a significant impact on the service we provide.
About the Product - APM
Alternative payments for alternative worlds: In a world where cards seem to be everywhere, it's all too easy to forget about the alternatives. In fact, in many countries, alternative payments are the preferred online payment option and can represent a higher proportion of e-commerce growth in comparison to credit or debit cards. Unlike card payments, APMs come in different shapes and sizes. Typically, they are bank transfers (e.g. iDEAL, Sofort), direct debits (e.g. SEPA Direct Debit), eWallets (e.g. PayPal, Alipay), mobile wallets (e.g. ApplePay), local card schemes (e.g. Bancontact), cash-based (e.g. Boleto, Multibanco), and Invoices (e.g. Klarna).
The APM team improves Checkout.com’s value proposition and sets us apart from competitors through competitive pricing, differentiating APMs portfolio, special features, and deep regional market expertise. The APM Engineers are an essential part of the mission to deliver these integrations in time and quality and with style. A rich toolbox of up-to-date technologies enables us to live up to our high standards. Hypermedia, Event Sourcing, functionally inspired coding style, Docker and automated end to end tests and deployment are only some examples of many.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years of professional experience within e-commerce or Fintech
- Good experience working within a fast-paced Agile team
- Excellent fault finding, debugging and diagnostic skills
- Understanding of micro-services Familiar with REST API and Web GUI testing
- Comfortable using continuous integration tools like Teamcity and Jenkins
- Extremely organised and methodical whilst remaining pragmatic
- Confident collaborating with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Duties & Responsibilities
- Make an active contribution to all Agile rituals (standups, retros, planning,etc)
- Contribute towards testability in order to influence application design for effective testing
- Author detailed test plans and supporting technical documentation
- Analyse complex business requirements and consistently provide constructive feedback
- Effectively collaborates to accurately understand the application under test
- Proactively engage with all stakeholders to close gaps in requirements
- Define and record test cases using the Gherkin language format
- Debug, record and manage defects throughout their lifecycle
- Track quality metrics and generate reports for stakeholders
- Consistently execute REST API tests manually using POSTMAN
- Contribute towards the wider QA community to facilitate knowledge sharing
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.