Business Support Specialist - Shift System
Operations – Merchant Operations
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
Does the challenge of striving to serve millions of users around the world with the most forward-thinking online payment solution appealing to you? Checkout.com is actively looking for a hands-on and highly driven Merchant Support Specialist responsible for providing our merchants and business partners with world-class technical support. Energetic and customer-focused, the successful candidate will act as our front- line in the region to ensure that our merchant queries are handled and solved in an effective and timely manner, escalating when required. Interacting directly with our merchants in identifying, investigating and resolving issues, the candidate will also collaborate closely with cross-functional teams internally to contribute towards improving processes and procedures. This is a unique opportunity to face exciting challenges and build a successful career path as we are currently taking our product to the next level of scale, innovation and sustainability. The ideal candidate must be tech-savvy and customer-oriented with strong problem-solving skills and eager to join an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment and take part in our little revolution.
- Provide 24/7/365 customer support on a 24/7 shift system, including weekends and public holidays
- Serve as the first point of contact and primary contact for help desk via email and phone
- Proactively assist merchants with any technical issues (e.g. configuration, debugging, documentation, testing) related to their daily use of our solution and coordinate with other team members when needed
- Partner with Business Support, Sales, and Software Development to resolve issues that arise during merchant post-implementation support
- Advise management on support issues which impact customer satisfaction and provide recommendations for appropriate actions
- Contribute and adhere to coding standards, best practices, and procedures
- The Business Support team will use various tools & technologies related to monitoring, resolution, administration, ticketing, communication & reporting, providing customer support on a 24/7 shift system, including weekends and public holidays
- 2+ years experience in a customer support role in the Payments and/or eCommerce industry
- Knowledge shopping carts such as Magento and osCommerce is an advantage
- Should have solid team spirit
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to deliver practical solutions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build/maintain a strong working relationship
- Excellent ability to self-prioritize and time-box tasks without guidance
- Fluency in both English and French is mandatory
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.