Associate Developer in Test - Core Payments
Technology – Quality Assurance
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2019, we raised $230m in what is Europe’s largest ever fintech Series A round, and globally the third largest fintech Series A round of all time. This fundraising round gave us a valuation of around $2 billion.
About the role
As an Associate Developer in Test, you will work closely with the team and get the opportunity to contribute towards testing high profile applications and writing automation tests against them using advanced test tooling approaches.
About the Product Group
The Core Payments Product Group is focused on building solutions that compliment and revolutionize the transaction processing for merchants and cardholders. The Card Scheme Authentication and Disputes products are designed to help merchants reduce risk and cost of processing card transactions and provide more flexible integration options that increase security and reliability.
The team is responsible for building products and monitoring of the real-time authentication processing, scheme tokenization, transaction inquiries to prevent disputes, and pricing of transactions. At the heart of our development process are performance, reliability, scalability, visibility and innovation of payments going through Checkout.com’s Gateway.
- Continuous Integration
- Jasmine – desirable
- Protractor – desirable
- Docker – desirable
Skills and Qualifications
- 1+ years experience within e-commerce websites
- Excellent fault finding, debugging and diagnostic skills
- Experience working with JSON data formats
- Experience working with APIs and using clients like POSTMAN
- Experience using source control
- Comfortable using SQL with an understanding of databases
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools like Teamcity and Jenkins
- Confident collaborating with technical and non-technical team members
- Extremely organised, methodical and logical
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be an active member of the agile team and support the QA strategy
- Be and active member of the wider QA community
- Create test cases against acceptance criteria using Gherkin
- Perform manual UI tests against our merchant facing web application
- Perform manual API tests using POSTMAN
- Debug and record all defects in Jira
- Collaborate with established QAs on test planning
- Contribute towards the maintenance of the test framework
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.