Associate Operations Engineer
Technology – IT Security and Infrastructure /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the role
Checkout.com (CKO) is currently seeking an enthusiastic and driven IT graduate who will be responsible for delivering high standards of infrastructure, application and service level monitoring and management, including incident response, as part of our Operations Center (OC) team based in Mauritius.
The OC team is responsible for providing ‘round the clock’ 24x7x365 first line support, monitoring and management for CKO’s mission critical infrastructure and applications which support our payments platform. This is an exciting and dynamic role involving working closely with both internal technical team and external 3rd party suppliers to help ensure delivery of service within defined Service Level Agreements (SLA’s)
Managing live incidents is also a key part of this role and the successful applicant will be able to operate efficiently under pressure while helping to recover service and communicate clearly with stakeholders. The OC team employs a variety of tools and technologies to support proactive monitoring, incident resolution, administration, ticketing, communication and reporting for CKO’s business infrastructure & applications.
The ideal candidate is self‐motivated, collaborative, and communicative with a positive hands-on can-do-attitude, willing to work, learn and evolve in an uncompromising and high pace environment.
This role represents an excellent opportunity for the right individual to begin their career in the Fintech/Payments industry.
- Monitor & manage the performance and reliability of CKO’s payments processing environment.
- Work and communicate closely with other Checkout’s product teams to resolve specific issues.
- Ensure system integrity, system stability and optimal system performance
- Contribute to infrastructure utilization and capacity analysis
- Identify and escalate infrastructure & application related issues to second level support in a timely manner.
- Collect and maintain vital system statistics for infrastructure and applications.
- Present a daily health check report to the concerned parties.
- Conduct trend analysis to anticipate any future incident.
- Keep abreast with changes in technology and production systems.
- Own Incidents and resolutions.
- Keep an eye on changes happening over the platform.
- Adhere to all ITSM processes defined.
- Degree in IT, Computer Science or Engineering.
- Broad knowledge on Cloud Technologies, Network, Systems and IT Security.
- Fast learner and ability to quickly adapt to a dynamic environment.
- Knowledge on credit cards payments (Acquirers, Issuers, Schemes networks) will be an advantage.
- IT certifications such as CCNA, MCSA, CompTia Linux+ , AWS SAA would be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and within a team. Autonomous and responsible.
- Possess good troubleshooting skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- Good verbal and written communication.
- Flexibility to work on a 24/7 (12 hour) shift system. (which may includes weekends and public holidays)
- Eager to learn and evolve in a fast paced environment.
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.