Manager, Implementation Engineer
Commercial – Solutions Engineering /
Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We’re the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That’s why we’re number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor’s list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we’re just getting started. We’re building diverse and inclusive teams around the world — because that’s how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today.
Implementation Engineer at Checkout.com:
Checkout.com is looking for an enthusiastic Implementation Engineer to join our fast-growing team in (country) to support our clients with integrating our ground-breaking online payments platform.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing technical leadership and guidance to our clients, predominantly in the UK and Europe, throughout the entire implementation lifecycle. You'll be managing multiple projects and collaborate closely with merchants and their technical teams to assist with selecting and designing the most suitable solution, while working hand in hand with the technical team to support the delivery and implementation of the project.
Along the way you'll collaborate closely with multiple in-house passionate people across Technology and Commercial departments to position and offer our capabilities, products, services and solutions effectively and efficiently to prospective clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 3 -5 years as Implementation/Solutions Engineer, Solutions Architect, Developer or similar technical client-facing role in a related industry
- Experience with Web and Mobile technologies; IOS, Android, JS, Node, PHP, JAVA, REST, SOAP commonly used stacks
- Highly familiar with API based integration methods and tools
- Experience within the Payments industry and related Scheme/Compliance rules and regulations
- Experience working with enterprise-level organisations on various verticals and complex business models (Payment facilitators, Marketplaces, ISVs)
- Experience with commerce platforms and shopping carts; Magento, Shopify, Commercetools and others
- Ability to explain highly complex and technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Experience with requirements discovery, elicitation and analysis, systems and solution architecture
- Experience in leading projects in fast pacing environments
- Excellent communication and relationship leadership skills all the way to C-level
- Highly skilled consultant, able to influence and advise stakeholders throughout the implementation cycle
- Experience with Alternative/Local Payment methods/Digital Wallets
What you will be doing
- Participate in whiteboarding / RFP (technical) sessions to assist the sales process with prospective clients
- Understand the client’s business model and objectives and translate into practical requirements
- Ensure client needs are correctly understood and captured
- Propose appropriate products and services according to client needs
- Provide advisory services to prospective and existing clients on Checkout.com products, services and Payment concepts
- Provide training to internal and external partners of Checkout.com platform
- Collaborate closely with internal teams to influence product roadmap and resolve any bugs/issues identified
- Become an SME to key product offerings and act as the main point of contact for internal team members
- Identify product gaps required for solution provision and work with internal resources to resolve to achieve a successful implementation
- Drive complex projects with major Tier 1/2 clients and provide assistance, test plans and resolve issues promptly
- Mentor and guide junior team members
- Identify gaps and drive process improvements
- Create client facing demos and contribute relevant content and changes to Checkout.com developer centre and documentation
- Propose new ideas and participate in internal initiatives contributing with your experience and expertise while gaining new skills and knowledge
What we stand for
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people.
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences.
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards.
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together.
Want to see us in action?
More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we’ve raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion.
We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world — and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we’ll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We’d love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We’ll be happy to support you.