Cloud Network Engineer
Technology – IT Security and Infrastructure /
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain.
We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration.
Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimise their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers.
We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork.
In May 2020, we completed a $150m Series B funding round, tripling our valuation to $5.5bn.
About the Role
Checkout.com is currently looking for talented Cloud Network Engineers with solid skills and expertise in the cloud environment, preferably AWS. Primary duties include design and implementation as well as installation and maintenance of the cloud network infrastructure as required to meet the needs of business. The successful applicant will serve as a tier 3 point of contact for supporting the overall cloud network and data centre networks.
- Establish network architecture and standards for cloud networking
- Subject Matter Expert in AWS public cloud, including professional network experience designing and operating solutions built on AWS at an enterprise scale
- Demonstrated professional competence in the principles and practices of cloud architecture
- Establish baselines that align with network engineering and best practices across our network technologies
- Assessment of existing network devices and configurations with a view to championing any necessary improvements
- Work with CKO’s product teams to design and develop network services
- Provide 3 level network application support for product teams
- Solid understanding of cloud-based network orchestration and automation tools
- Act as Tier 3 support (Solutions specialist) and primary point of contact for troubleshooting and problem resolution of network connectivity and configuration issues
- Troubleshoot and resolve network issues while exhibiting urgency when responding to high severity incidents
- 3+ years professional experience working in large scale cloud networking environments
- Strong experience with networking and troubleshooting (TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related)
- In-depth understanding of virtualization and cloud computing (Hypervisors, VMware, Xen)
- Experience in cloud networking administration and troubleshooting
- Strong knowledge of networking tier 3 and routing protocols (BGP, OSPF, DNS, TCP/IP, IPSEC)
- Demonstrated proficiency in networking principles (routing, switching, load balancing, etc)
- Experience with cloud based cross-account communication including direct connect, Transit Gateway and VPC peering
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex network service devices; virtual firewalls, network security devices; and telecommunications services; cloud environments; recommends solutions to mitigate future issues
- Research, make recommendations and lead solutions that are in line with procedures for increased infrastructure performance
- Stay current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies
- Knowledge of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
- Must be well organized, thrive in a sense-of-urgency environment, leverage best practices, and most importantly, innovate through any problem with a can-do attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentations for all levels of management combined with strong collaboration and influencing abilities
Nice to Have
- Experience in designing and architecting network solutions.
- IT certifications such as CCNA/CCNP, AWS CSA-P, Microsoft AST and/or CISSP desired
- Cloud Certifications
We are always looking for great people so if you don’t see a role here that fits you but you want to work with us, please send us your CV and a cover letter explaining the kind of role you are searching for and we will contact you.
Checkout.com is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience, skills and personality. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Due to the numerous amount of application received, only the ones corresponding to this job profile will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within 3 weeks please deem your application as unsuccessful.