Associate Culinary Writer
Mahwah, NJ /
Chefman – Culinary /
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. We are in love with great food and we are inspired to empower ordinary people all over the world to create restaurant quality dishes while enjoying an easy-to-follow and user-friendly experience.
Key Focus for Chefman
Our motto is “Cooking Forward.” Every product we develop takes the home chef to the next level in their cooking experience. From smart connected multi cookers to simple one-touch coffee makers, Chefman is dedicated to making people’s lives in the kitchen easier and more enjoyable. To accomplish this, we have assembled a team of passionate and committed people on a mission to impact the world one kitchen at a time. We put our hearts and souls into producing an innovative and helpful kitchen product assortment that takes the pain out of meal preparation and adds joy to people’s lives and social experiences. These hardware products coupled with intuitive and convenient software are loaded with authentic and engaging culinary video content provides home chefs with the tools they need to achieve picture perfect results with maximum efficiency.
We are seeking a creative Culinary Writer Associate who understands our brand identity as well as our brand voice and can reflect both in our content. We need someone with an edge who can distinguish witty from cheesy, can adapt and be flexible, has a true understanding of the various content we work with and can shift the tone of voice accordingly. This individual must be confident in his or her culinary knowledge.
In addition, we are seeking an individual whose writing can evoke an emotional/personal connection. He or she must be thoughtful and refined in their word choice and syntax.
Role & Responsibilities: Primary function will be to interact and collaborate closely with the Culinary Team to perform and manage the following necessary functions:
- Create User Guides, Quick Start Guides, Gift Box copy, Recipe Intro copy
- Copy and edit all content that comes out of the kitchen or relates to food, including:
- Product Stickers
- Cooking Charts
- Be responsible for uploading recipe content to digital platforms
- Become a product expert in all Chefman products by keeping in constant communication with Culinary Product Specialists
- Collaborate with Marketing Team as needed to write creative copy for Advertisements, Websites, Social Media Pages, Amazon listings, Emails, etc. and ensure key features are appropriately highlighted
- Be responsible for delivering information about due dates and deadlines for other members of the Culinary Team
- Assist in copy and editing for other departments, including lifestyle writing for various purposes
- Work with Creative Team to properly illustrate instructions as needed
- Work with Creative Team to edit and proofread layouts and recipe content
Required Skills & Experience
- Strong technical writing experience
- Exceptional creative writing abilities
- Successful experience within the Culinary Industry
- Culinary Education is preferred
- Ability to write both creative and technical content and apply differing styles as appropriate
- Tremendous passion and love of food
- Extensive experience and expertise in using multiple kitchen gadgets and tools
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and other relevant software
- Great communication skills both verbal and written
- Superb organizational and time-management skills
- Great teamwork abilities
- Excellent coordination and management skills
- Strong attention to minute details
- Self-motivated and operates under a sense of urgency
- Works well under pressure and enjoys a challenge
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects from start to conclusion on time
- Effectively connecting to a culture of delivering high quality content around the brand vision
This role will be based out of the Chefman office located in Mahwah, New Jersey and will report to the Culinary Writer.