Mahwah, NJ /
Chefman – Culinary /
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. We are in love with great food and we are inspired to empower ordinary people all over the world to create restaurant quality dishes while enjoying an easy-to-follow and user-friendly experience.
Key Focus for Chefman
Our motto is “Cooking Forward.” Every product we develop takes the home chef to the next level in their cooking experience. From smart connected multicookers to simple one-touch coffee makers, Chefman is dedicated to making people’s lives in the kitchen easier and more enjoyable. To accomplish this, we have assembled a team of passionate and committed people on a mission to impact the world one kitchen at a time. We put our hearts and souls into producing an innovative and helpful kitchen product assortment that takes the pain out of meal preparation and adds joy to people’s lives and social experiences. These hardware products coupled with intuitive and convenient software are loaded with authentic and engaging culinary video content provides home chefs with the tools they need to achieve picture perfect results with maximum efficiency.
This role is a Full Time role based out of Chefman's HQ in Mahwah, NJ. Salary is $45,000 - $50,0000 range annually.
Roles and Responsibility
- Test/develop any and all recipes decided on by the Culinary Content Manager including:
- Chef iQ guided cooking recipes
- Chefman cookbook/online recipes
- Email-blast recipes
- Any other recipe requests
- Assist in recipe brainstorming and planning
- Test any and all ChefiQ and Chefman recipes and rework when necessary
- Edit recipes to meet the set style decided on by the Culinary Content Manager and Culinary Director
- Organize final versions of recipes to be submitted to Culinary Content Manager
- Quality control all recipe development done by all staff members; check their work and ensure it meets standards set by the Culinary Content Manager and Culinary Director (this includes taste, appearance, ease of creation, etc.)
- Give honest and valuable feedback to others when tasting
- Test values for cooking charts to ensure correctness
- Become a product expert on all the Chefman products. Test and get to know the products before writing recipes for them so that we can ensure the best recipes for consumers
- Order groceries daily for recipe development needs
- Assist in daily test kitchen activities, including but not limited to cleaning, organization, etc.
- Culinary school
- Recipe writing/developing required
- Additional undergraduate degree in communications related field is a bonus
- Some Editorial experience
- Restaurant experience is a plus