Technical Support Specialist
Mahwah, NJ /
CHEF iQ – Customer Support /
About CHEF iQ® (a subsidiary of Chefman®) Discover. Create. Plate.
The CHEF iQ journey began in 2017 with the idea that cooking should be approachable and enjoyable for all. Our team of engineers, software developers, culinary professionals, and design experts have created an unrivaled cooking experience that seamlessly combines software and hardware to elevate the art of cooking.
CHEF iQ Mission
Inspiring the home cook to discover their inner chef.
CHEF iQ Promise
Expanded Culinary Possibilities
We help discover new techniques, recipes, and confidence in the kitchen.
We help transform meals into masterpieces.
We guarantee meaningful and share-worthy results.
At CHEF iQ we are supremely committed to indulge our customers with a first-class experience at each and every touchpoint throughout their interaction with our product. This begins with their initial purchasing experience, continues forward during the unboxing moment, and remains during each time they engage with a CHEF iQ product.
At no time is this commitment truer than when a customer experiences a technical difficulty with their product. We are seeking a tech savvy individual with an outgoing and friendly demeanor to capably provide technical support to customers experiencing technical difficulties of any kind with a CHEF iQ product. An abundance of emotional intelligence along with the ability to empathize with a user is required to be able to diffuse and to turn around a frustrating encounter into an enjoyable and stress-relieving occasion.
The ideal candidate will be able to undertake a variety of customer support tasks and work diligently under pressure while paying attention to detail and discretion. This individual will need to effectively communicate with customers, to have a deep and thorough familiarity with our connected hardware and software products, and will be working alongside the Customer Support Team to attend to customers’ needs.
This role will be based out of the Chefman office located in Mahwah, NJ and will report to our Customer Service Manager. Salary is commensurate with candidate’s experience and successes.
- Roles & Responsibilities:
- Capable and timely response to a high-volume of incoming emails and calls
- Review, investigate, process, and resolve customer issues to the highest level of satisfaction
- Create and maintain detailed records of customer interactions
- Handle product recalls, questions about warranties, and/or terms of sale
- Work with Customer Service Manager and Team to ensure that first-class customer service is provided in accordance with company guidelines
- Manage technical support issues daily, including verifying issues, isolating and diagnosing problems to resolve issue arising from CHEF iQ products
- When necessary, respond and follow up on general customer service issues that are presented for resolution
- Qualifications: Successful candidates will possess the following:
- Minimum of 2 years of previous experience in a Technical Customer Support role
- High School diploma, college degree, or equivalent in experience preferred
- Familiarity with customer relationship best practices
- Ability to adapt and respond to different types of personalities
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral)
- High-energy, friendly, and outgoing personality
- Ability to work and excel in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively and efficiently
- Tech savvy and can easily master connectivity with CHEF iQ products
- Knowledge of windows operating systems, networking, standard pc hardware, Microsoft office suite and other standard software
If you are interested in joining the team, please send us your resume. Let us know why you are excited about this role and believe it is the right fit as the next step in your career.