UX Designer - Junior
Mahwah, NJ /
Chefman – User Experience /
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. We are in love with great food and we are inspired to empower ordinary people all over the world to create restaurant quality dishes while enjoying an easy-to-follow and user-friendly experience.
Key Focus for Chefman
Our motto is “Cooking Forward.” Every product we develop takes the home chef to the next level in their cooking experience. From smart connected multicookers to simple one-touch coffee makers, Chefman is dedicated to making people’s lives in the kitchen easier and more enjoyable. To accomplish this, we have assembled a team of passionate and committed people on a mission to impact the world one kitchen at a time. We put our hearts and souls into producing an innovative and helpful kitchen product assortment that takes the pain out of meal preparation and adds joy to people’s lives and social experiences. These hardware products coupled with intuitive and convenient software and loaded with authentic and engaging culinary video content provides home chefs with the tools they need to achieve picture perfect results with maximum efficiency. We are looking for a passionate and talented Junior UI Designer who will collaborate on conceptualizing and executing creative solutions to create an incredible user experience for our products.
We are looking for a passionate and talented Junior UX Designer who will collaborate on conceptualizing and executing creative solutions to create an incredible user experience for our products.
This role will be based out of the Chefman office located in Mahwah, NJ.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with our product managers, designers and engineers to define the best way to approach a problem
- Work in direct collaboration with product managers, developers, and stakeholders for implementation of designs
- Brainstorm and visualize design concepts
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to conceptualize ideas and implement compelling customer-focused solutions across all digital touch points.
- Translate feedback and requirements from design-sessions into recommended design solutions and high-fidelity prototypes for the best user experience
- Analyze research from multiple sources and determine connections to create the design of new digital experiences.
- Produce intuitive and aesthetically pleasing designs for products
- Clearly communicate and explain your designs to teammates and clients, collect feedback, and iterate
- Identify design problems in the existing products and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Work within technical and hardware constraints.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate designs
- Be a passionate and vocal advocate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation within the organization
- Industry experience as a user experience designer
- Empathy - a general interest in other people and their needs
- Ability to solve problems methodically and intuitively
- Can be liaison to technical and engineering functions.
- Enthusiasm for an iterative design process, inspired by group critique.
- Excellent collaboration skills.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in design tools like Sketch, Adobe CS, and InVision
- Degree in design strongly preferred