Mahwah, NJ /
Chefman – Industrial Design /
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. We are in love with great food and we are inspired to empower ordinary people all over the world to create restaurant quality dishes while enjoying an easy-to-follow and user-friendly experience.
Key Focus for Chefman
Our motto is “Cooking Forward.” Every product we develop takes the home chef to the next level in their cooking experience. From smart connected multicookers to simple one-touch coffee makers, Chefman is dedicated to making people’s lives in the kitchen easier and more enjoyable. To accomplish this, we have assembled a team of passionate and committed people on a mission to impact the world one kitchen at a time. We put our hearts and souls into producing an innovative and helpful kitchen product assortment that takes the pain out of meal preparation and adds joy to people’s lives and social experiences. These hardware products coupled with intuitive and convenient software and loaded with authentic and engaging culinary video content provides home chefs with the tools they need to achieve picture perfect results with maximum efficiency.
We are seeking an Industrial Designer who will play a key role in developing the aesthetics, ergonomics, and user experience of the Chefman and Chef IQ brands. This highly creative individual should be able to think outside the box while understanding the constraints of design. Applying thoughtful and strategic thinking through the design process while being able to take constructive feedback and work collaboratively across the organization.
This role will be based out of our office located in Mahwah, New Jersey and will report to the Product & Experience Design Leader.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create and develop designs that optimize the function, ergonomics, perceived value and based on brand identity and improve the user experience.
- End-to-end product development from research to product execution and launch; actively participate in complete product development cycle.
- Research and analyze design trends and customer feedback for incorporation into product enhancements, new product design and overall design language and strategy
- Work on designs from initial sketch through refinement, prototyping and into testing and manufacturing
- Collaborate cross-functionally across multiple disciplines to develop intelligent design solutions that address user experience aspects of product development
- Define and develop product design language and visual brand identity
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience; experience in electro-mechanical products preferred
- Understanding of system thinking and design thinking methodologies
- User -centered design creative approach to thinking and problem solving; ability to translate user insights and needs into actionable detailed product design solutions
- Solid knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
- A passion for IoT, Smart Home technologies
- Technical skills in: Solidworks , Rhino, Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop, Keyshot, Sketchbook Pro, Microsoft Office Suite (or equivalent), CorelDRAW Graphics Suite, Sketchbook Pro, InDesign, Fusion 360; physical 3D models and prototypes; 3D printing
- Strong visual communication/sketching skills
- Must be able to provide strong and innovative portfolio/work samples that demonstrate sketching ability, creative process, ability to communicate design concepts and follow their designs all the way through manufacturing.