JR Admin/Help desk Support Technician
Mahwah, NJ /
Chefman – IT /
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. We are in love with great food and we are inspired to empower ordinary people all over the world to create restaurant quality dishes while enjoying an easy-to-follow and user-friendly experience.
Key Focus for Chefman
Our motto is “Cooking Forward.” Every product we develop takes the home chef to the next level in their cooking experience. From smart connected multicookers to simple one-touch coffee makers, Chefman is dedicated to making people’s lives in the kitchen easier and more enjoyable. To accomplish this, we have assembled a team of passionate and committed people on a mission to impact the world one kitchen at a time. We put our hearts and souls into producing an innovative and helpful kitchen product assortment that takes the pain out of meal preparation and adds joy to people’s lives and social experiences. These hardware products coupled with intuitive and convenient software and loaded with authentic and engaging culinary video content provides home chefs with the tools they need to achieve picture perfect results with maximum efficiency.
We are seeking a Junior Admin/Help Desk Support Technician to support our Director of IT with all necessary tasks to support an organization of 100+ team members and their various hardware and software needs.
This role will be based out of the Chefman office located in Mahwah, NJ.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitor the internal ticketing systems, completing basic support requests where appropriate onsite or via remote tools
- Escalate support requests when they cannot be completed by on-site IT personnel
- Create user accounts, manage permissions and passwords (Cloud and Internal)
- Ensure tickets are completed in accordance with the appropriate Service Level Agreement.
- Provide telephone and email support to customers
- Support the in-house IT Team with basic requests (ie. changing printer toner, replacing cables, setting up meeting, moving computers, configuring new PC's, etc.)
- Maintain Company high standards, particularly regarding customer communications and response times
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current operating systems and standard software packages, including both Microsoft Windows and Mac OSX
- Engage in training opportunities to further develop skills and knowledge in key areas, such as desktop support, networking and operating systems
- Complete other related tasks as requested by Management
- Good technical and analytical skills
- Experience providing application support
- Experience with Microsoft products, Remote Desktop Services, Office 365, some server tech (AD) etc.
- Experience with basic Mac configurations and troubleshooting
- Solid understanding of networking technologies
- Strong experience in problem analysis and resolution of software problems
- Proven ability to function in a self-motivated environment
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, agile environment where critical thinking and strong problem solving skills are required for success
- Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive and readily embraces change
- Ability to handle clients professionally during all interfaces
- Strong ability to provide root cause analysis
- Willingness to adapt and learn in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate across a broad spectrum of users
- Excellent oral and written and communication skills
- Physical ability to lift and move up to 50 pounds of equipment