Culinary Video Intern
Mahwah, NJ /
Chefman – Culinary /
Chefman is one of North America’s leading brands of small kitchen appliances. We are in love with great food and we are inspired to empower ordinary people all over the world to create restaurant quality dishes while enjoying an easy-to-follow and user-friendly experience.
Key Focus for Chefman
From smart connected multicookers to simple one-touch coffee makers, Chefman is dedicated to making appliances that make cooking easier and more enjoyable. To accomplish this, we have assembled a team of passionate and committed people on a mission to impact the world one kitchen at a time.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Assist in Production for non-guided-cooking CHEF iQ videos selected by Director of Videography, including Ingredient-Prep videos
- Assist in culinary preproduction, production, and post-production needs for the shoots, including:
- Ordering and putting away groceries for shoots
- Organizing prep for the shoots
- Making sure the shoot is organized so that production is efficient
- Assisting in resetting (if necessary) for the shoot
- Assisting in culinary requirements for Guided Cooking video production, including but not limited to:
- Demonstrating familiarity with recipes prior to the shoot
- Assisting in organizing groceries for the shoot
- Prepping raw ingredients for the shoot
- Making multiple versions of the dish for the shoot
- Assisting in garnish purchasing
- Assisting in prop/linen cleaning and gathering
- Assisting in keeping a clean and efficient workspace in the video kitchen
- Noting edits for the Culinary Video Specialist during the shoot
- Attending meetings with Culinary and Video Departments to discuss recipes
- Acting as a culinary connection between the recipe developers and the video producers
- Make suggestions on recipes when appropriate
- Collaborate on other culinary content, including content for social media, with the design team and other culinary team members
- Assist in other Test Kitchen tasks, including but not limited to:
- Recipe testing and developing
- Cleaning and organizing as appropriate
- Pursuing a degree in Culinary Science/Arts or recent grad with a Bachelor's Degree in Applied Food Studies, Culinary Science, Culinary Arts or related.
- Background in fim or passionate about filming.
- Willingness to learn and go above and beyond the call of duty
- Reliable and dependable
- Flexible and friendly
This position is onsite in our HQs in Mahwah, NJ and will have the potential of becoming full time in the future.