Senior Data Engineer
New York, New York /
Technology – Engineering /
Full Time Employee
Cherre is the leader in real estate data and insight. We connect decision makers to accurate property and market information, and help them make faster, smarter decisions. By providing a unique "single source of truth," Cherre empowers customers to evaluate opportunities and trends faster and more accurately, while saving millions of dollars in manual data collection and analytics costs.
Cherre is looking for an enthusiastic Senior Data Engineer who is interested in working with a fast-growing team in building industry-leading real estate data services. You will be part of designing and implementing server side services to ingest, organize, analyze, and display real estate data and insight. You will be working in a small team and be a real partner in the design and implementation of all aspects of our product.
We are remote-first company.
- Develop and implement ETL processes
- Design data warehouse solutions to support ETL processes and data analytics applications
- Write SQL/NoSQL database queries, stored procedures, triggers, user defined functions, analytic functions, etc.
- Own features that you develop end to end, develop and test your code, implement new processes in production, and maintain and support them over time
- Drive our data platform and help evolve our technology stack and development best practices
- Develop and unit test assigned features to meet product requirements
- 7-10 years experience in engineering
- BS in CS or related field or equivalent years of experience
- Strong experience in database technologies and data warehousing
- Strong experience in Python
- Experience with service oriented architecture and good understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, and indexing (experience with Event Sourcing and/or CQRS preferred)
- Hands on experience developing APIs and SDKs
- Hands on experience with BigQuery, PostgreSQL, and large-scale distributed storage and database systems
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and communicate well with both technical and non-technical teams
Nice to have
- Range of Healthcare Plans
- Paid Parental Leave
- Educational Credit
- Unlimited Vacation
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Compensation Range: $120,000 - $250,000+
If this opportunity sounds interesting, apply or reach out to our internal talent team. We are happy to tell you more about Cherre: the technology we work with, the problems we solve, the team we are assembling, and the culture we all contribute to. We are excited you are considering working with us and look forward to hearing from you!
“At the top of the mountain we are all snow leopards.” - Hunter S. Thompson
Cherre is an equal opportunity employer. We pride ourselves on hiring the best people for the job no matter their race, sex, orientation, nationality, religion, disability, or age.