Senior Manager, Customer Success
Started in 2019, Cherry is an extremely fast growing FinTech that has built the simplest, fastest, and most inclusive Buy Now, Pay Later solution for medical practices such as dentists, medical aesthetics, veterinarians etc.
Cherry enables medical practices to treat more patients by making their services more financially accessible.
Cherry was founded and is led by Stanford entrepreneurs with a previous successful exit and backed by an all-star lineup of investors such as Kleiner Perkins and DCM.
With proven product-market fit and rapid success across our revenue organization, we are growing our team. Cherry represents an incredible opportunity to get in early at a high-growth, high-performance organization that is reshaping the way patients pay for care.
Our Manager of Customer Success will build and lead a team of high-performing Customer Success Managers, responsible for driving retention and growth of Cherry transaction volume with a large number of practices. As a growing team, this role requires radical ownership of customer outcomes and successful team development. Not only will you be responsible for customer performance, you will help shape the framework for this team’s operations at scale. This is an exciting opportunity to develop a new function and drive truly substantive business impact.
The position will be remote and comes with an attractive incentive compensation plan.
- Own and be accountable to team and customer performance, specifically a quota based on retention and growth of Cherry transaction volume
- Instill a culture of excellence and change management wizardry, always finding ways to help our customers fully adopt Cherry into their business processes according to best practices
- Proactively leverage data, insights and technology to optimize engagement strategy of your team, maximizing desired outcomes
- Recruit, interview high quality Customer Success Managers as the team grows
- Train, develop and monitor team behavior leading to maximum customer outcomes
- Hold regular one-on-ones with individual contributors to review performance, productivity and to coach on areas of improvement
- Own performance management conversations and processes as necessary
- Manage team’s compliance to standard process and productivity expectations, while maintaining a high level of quality and world-class customer experience
- Instill team with continual motivation and desire to win as a team
- Accurately forecast your team’s expected portfolio transaction volume on a regular basis
- Manage and optimize team account load, serving on occasion as a backup for teammates and customers
- Regularly plan, collaborate and optimize customer experience with cross-functional leadership
- Develop strong knowledge of Cherry’s tech stack and seek opportunities to engage large numbers of customers efficiently with a tech-first bias
- Become a subject matter expert in Cherry product, processes and organization
- Take initiative to continuously improve your leadership approach by seeking feedback, learning and experimenting
- Be a team player, give and accept feedback, collaborate with colleagues and seek to lift every member of your team to greatness
- Act like an owner at all times
- 4+ years collective experience in customer-facing roles and leading high-performing teams
- Demonstrable track record of hitting or exceeding performance targets
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong ability to connect interpersonally with others
- High attention to detail and ability to follow procedure with accuracy
- Developed passion for the customer experience
- Comfortable working with various software platforms
- Adaptable and proven ability to troubleshoot on the fly
- Problem solver with can-do attitude and desire to outperform
- Demonstrated history of excellence and achievement
- Sales, Customer Success, or Account Management experience are highly valued
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree a bonus
Compensation: The OTE for this role is $185k uncapped plus equity. This position includes a base pay of $140,000 plus $45,000 on target uncapped bonus pay.
Cherry provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.