Founded in 2015 and based in New York City, Chexology starts by eliminating the claim ticket. Stemming from our flagship product CoatChex, as seen on Shark Tank, we are a platform that delivers quick chex experiences people trust.
At Chexology, we’ve reinvented how products are exchanged, empowering people to deliver quick check in and check out solutions more often, with more confidence, and in exciting new ways. AMEX, Nike, Delta, Uber, and many others use our technology to connect with their customers like never before. Our partnerships with Barclays Center, Webster Hall, the U.S. Open, and Nike, facilitate the exchange of products like North Face jackets, Prada bags, Mophie phone charging cases, Nike footwear, headphones for silent discos, and much more.
Chexology is seeking a candidate to fill the Product Manager position. The role will help our Company set the long-term vision and strategy for our products and communicate this strategy to all of the relevant participants and stakeholders. It is essential this individual enjoys working with all the different stakeholders and can communicate clearly, effectively, and persuasively.
This candidate will plan and prioritize the product roadmap based on the business goals and feedback from our customers and our team. The position will have ultimate responsibility for all of our current products, their roadmaps, and their continued success. The candidate will also be expected to institute systems and processes to improve the product processes. Strong experience in product management, prioritization, and goal setting are required. Candidates should also have a strong track record of evidence based decision making, being able to gather feedback from multiple stakeholders and clear and transparent communications.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Plan and prioritize the product roadmap based on the business goals and feedback from customers and our team
- Set quantitative, achievable goals for the features on the roadmap to achieve, determine how they align with overall business goals, and track those goals over the lifetime of the product
- Work with the product team to break the roadmap down into achievable and estimable milestones, epics, and stories
- Communicate the timelines associated with those milestones, epics, and stories to the rest of the company
- Participate throughout the lifecycle of a feature from feedback to idea to development to release and back to feedback
- Communicate and train account managers, sales, and marketing staff on the new features before releasing them to customers
- Participate in creating or updating user facing documentation to help with the release of new features or modifications to existing features
- Help determine when features are ready to be released to the full customer base or if they need refinement
- Gather feedback from all stakeholders on how our system does or does not solve their problems (this could include user testing, beta programs, site visits, etc)
- Participate in qualifying bug reports and working with engineering to translate those into reproducible steps
- Facilitate the communication between product teams, other business teams, and our customers
- Participate in providing constructive feedback on all things related to you, your role, and any tasks you undertake so we can build a better, more enjoyable, more productive business
The ideal candidate will:
- Get excited about ideas, then quantify their value and prioritize them
- Have an understanding of and belief in iterative processes
- Facilitate team discussions and produce results from these interactions
- Define how to measure the success of features
- Proactively solve problems and go about their job
- Have a desire to support, monitor, and continually improve both current and upcoming features
- Facilitate drawing out unique and varied ideas from the team
- Believe that diverse input produces the best ideas and solutions
- Have a technical background
- Have worked in a startup before
- A minimum of 4 years as product manager or business analyst
- Experience with mobile/tablet product development (Point of Sale and / or SaaS is a plus)
- Experience with tools like Mixpanel to draw solid conclusions from quantitative data
- Experience listening to users, and leading usability tests (e.g. in-person moderated, remote unmoderated, or multivariate tests)
- Experience training company stakeholders on new features prior to release
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A builder who grinds to turn dreams into reality through relentless determination, passion, epic highs, and a ridiculous work ethic.
- A continuous communicator, self learner, and change agent who can wear multiple hats while staying ahead of the game.
- Able to work extremely well on a cross functional team.