Founded in 2015 and based in New York City, Chexology starts by eliminating the claim ticket. Stemming from our flagship product CoatChex, as seen on Shark Tank, we are a platform that delivers quick chex experiences people trust.
At Chexology, we’ve reinvented how products are exchanged, empowering people to deliver quick check in and check out solutions more often, with more confidence, and in exciting new ways. AMEX, Nike, Delta, Uber, and many others use our technology to connect with their customers like never before. Our partnerships with Barclay’s Center, Webster Hall, the U.S. Open, and Nike, facilitate the exchange of products like North Face jackets, Prada bags, Mophie phone charging cases, Nike footwear, headphones for silent discos, and much more.
We’ve built up a large backlist of clients interested in our system, and we want to accelerate the speed at which we can build out features to satisfy their business needs. We’re looking for a driven mobile engineer (primarily iOS) to help build the reimagined v2 version of CoatChex, and build the features necessary to take the product to additional spaces.
Our product has some interesting problems to tackle. The biggest problem being synchronizing data between all the tablets at a venue efficiently, reliably, and in a way that is fault tolerant to things like losing internet connectivity. Will this include a peer-to-peer network between devices, a local version of the server running on a raspberry pi, pub-sub communication over SSDP, or something else? Help us decide!
We’ve also got fun side projects to improve the process, like light-up hangers, or integrating Apple Pay’s new rewards cards to take out an entire step of the process. As such, we look for A players (a baller, if you will) with T-shaped expertise - depth in one area and a broad interest in others. The “tinkerer” mindset is what we love to see. Our app is built in Swift, and we strive to be as functional as meaningfully possible, so experience with programming functionally is a big plus.
Sound like a position you’d be interested in? Let’s set up a call or meet for a drink!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day familiarity coding in Swift
- Deep knowledge of cocoa and the iOS platform
- Experience with multithreading programming
- Experience writing unit tests and testable code
- Comfortable writing asynchronous code and using promises to avoid callback hell
- Have used cocoapods
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Knowledge of design patterns other than MVC
- Experience in functional programming a big plus
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to communicate effectively, both between engineers and with the company as a whole
- Be able to work well in a team comprised of web, mobile, and hardware engineers, designers, and sales
- Be a self-starter who is passionate, determined, hard-working, and eager to ship product
- Thrive in a high performing culture: continuous self-learner, stays ahead of the game, can wear multiple hats and be a team player
- And having an appreciation for beer is a plus
- A builder who grinds to turn dreams into reality through relentless determination, passion, epic highs, and a ridiculous work ethic
- A continuous communicator, self learner, and change agent who can wear multiple hats while staying ahead of the game
- Able to work extremely well on a cross functional team