Chexology is a one-stop-shop platform built to facilitate short-term storage with an emphasis on providing a simpler, faster and more delightful experience. Our core offering enables services such as coat check, luggage storage or valet service while facilitating a more bespoke customer experience.
The platform also allows for fast, secure and trustworthy short-term rentals for experiential or ‘try-before-buy’ scenarios. Rental examples include trying on and running away with a pair of Nike shoes in Central Park, distributing audio headsets at a museum, distributing wireless headphones to guests of a silent disco (on a subway!), or keeping your phone charged with a portable mobile battery at the US Open.
Paper-based systems suck. “Archaic” is how many of our clients refer to claim tickets. And yet, paper claim tickets make up a $2B industry in the US alone. Chexology is replacing those problematic bits of paper with a multi-faceted technology stack that provides benefits for all:
1) Patrons enjoy a fast and seamless experience, with peace of mind that they will get retrieve their items stress-free and in the same condition. Attendants are processing guests faster, improving the experience for patrons leading to more tips.
2) Our clients benefit from valuable insights and new ways to connect with their loyal customers.
3) We started by eliminating the claim ticket; we now use our platform as a springboard to create unique business opportunities.
Where We Are Going
We are growing our existing coat-check business by making it as easy as possible for new clients to get up and running. That means doubling down on reliability, improving client on-boarding flows, training, and improvements that make the product faster and highly intuitive.
The World feels smaller every day as technology connects us, we are expanding regions and going global. Simultaneously we are reducing the seasonality of our business by expanding into new markets. Organically we found that clients wanted to use our product for renting their items instead of storing others’ things.
Who You Are
We are looking for an experienced, driven developer with a firm grasp on writing beautiful, well-architected and tested code. We love to see candidates that have a plan for the future and know how Chexology can be a stepping-stone to achieving your goals. We want to be a part of your career growth and will work with you closely to make that happen; ensuring your responsibilities are aligned, setting goals and regularly meeting 1-on-1 to ensure we are on track for success.
An ideal candidate will come in ready to take ownership of a project and see it through to completion, from planning and ensuring that the requirements are well-defined, to development, through to a stable release and gathering feedback to iterate further.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Product Owners to define and develop products and features to help achieve our business goals.
- Take ownership over production systems, releasing new code to them and proactively managing them to ensure we are meeting our engineering goals.
- Work with other roles within the business to help automate internal business processes to help achieve our business goals.
- Work with other Developers to ensure the quality of work being produced is at the standard we have set as ourselves and will achieve our engineering goals.
- Be actively involved in setting reasonable sprint goals and achieving those goals on a weekly basis.
- Be part of the on call rotation to fix issues if systems you own are not performing to the standards we expect for ourselves and for our customers.
- Participate in providing constructive feedback on all things related to you, your role and any tasks you undertake so we can build a better, more enjoyable, more productive business.
- Works efficiently on a development team (git flow, PR, collaboration / pairing, sprint planning)
- Comfortable with the process of releasing an iOS App (Signing, Profiles, etc.)
- Day-to-day familiarity coding in Swift
- Significant experience with REST APIs
- Experience with demoing, selecting and QA hardware (especially payment terminals) a plus
- Deep knowledge of cocoa and the iOS platform
- Comfortable writing unit tests and testable code (TDD a plus)
- Confident writing asynchronous code and using promises to avoid callback hell
- Have used cocoapods
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency
- Stay up-to-date with latest Swift and iOS developments
- Knowledge of design patterns including MVVM
- Experience in functional reactive programming a big plus
- A builder who grinds to turn dreams into reality through relentless determination, passion, epic highs and a ridiculous work ethic.
- A continuous communicator, self learner and change agent who can wear multiple hats while staying ahead of the game.
- Able to work effectively on a cross functional team.
- Self-directed, able to figure out how best to use your particular skill-set to provide the most benefit to the team, rather than being told what to do.