Founded in 2015 and based in New York City, Chexology starts by eliminating the claim ticket. Stemming from our flagship product CoatChex, as seen on Shark Tank, we are a platform that delivers quick chex experiences people trust.
At Chexology, we’ve reinvented how products are exchanged, empowering people to deliver quick check in and check out solutions more often, with more confidence, and in exciting new ways. AMEX, Nike, Delta, Uber, and many others use our technology to connect with their customers like never before. Our partnerships with Barclay’s Center, Webster Hall, the U.S. Open, and Nike, facilitate the exchange of products like North Face jackets, Prada bags, Mophie phone charging cases, Nike footwear, headphones for silent discos, and much more.
Chexology is seeking an entry level Junior Digital Designer with up to 1 year of professional experience and design internships to work with our design team in NYC.
We are looking to hire a talented junior designer with natural talent and an interest in marketing design, branding, social media, and interactive creative products.
The ideal candidate will be a collaborative designer who can work on multiple projects to produce and edit clean and exceptional designs under tight deadlines.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Visually communicate the Chexology brand through design and graphics for web, mobile, email, presentations, infographics, social media, advertisements and other internal and external materials.
- Brainstorm with team on creative concepts and bring that vision to reality.
- Create templates and scalable materials to maximize efficiency.
- Ensure brand and design standards are met on every project.
- Designs original creative elements, based on brief & strategic inputs provided by internal or external clients.
- Manage photography projects, including editing and resizing of images.
- Maintains projects through precise proofing of all materials.
- Suggests new ideas and thinks outside of the box.
- Works on multiple design projects at a given time and executes promptly.
- Maintain and establish design department policies.
- Assist in QA of product design.
- Work with departments across the company to create engaging and effective designs that help customers understand and use our products.
The ideal candidate will:
- Collaborate with a team and take direction from others.
- Have ongoing knowledge of and passion for top design trends, typography, and branding.
- Keep up to date with the most current design and digital trends.
- Have a resourceful, can-do attitude that thrives in an entrepreneurial, fast paced environment.
- Be able to grow professionally as we grow.
- 1+ years of design experience, including mobile application, branding, and digital marketing design.
- Excellent typography and layout design.
- Strong conceptual thinking and the ability to transform a simple idea into beautiful design for various media outlets.
- Strong attention for detail.
- Familiar with best design practices.
- Confidence in presenting your work to the team, and skilled at giving and receiving criticism.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and execute projects while maintaining tight deadlines and quick turnarounds.
- Proficiency with the Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign and Photoshop) an interest in learning new and upcoming software.
- Illustration skills a plus.
- You have a portfolio that reflects all of the above.
- A builder who grinds to turn dreams into reality through relentless determination, passion, epic highs, and a ridiculous work ethic.
- A continuous communicator, self learner, and change agent who can wear multiple hats while staying ahead of the game.
- Able to work extremely well on a cross functional team.