Product & Technology /
[With the exception of Norway-based applicants, this opportunity is exclusively available as a B2B arrangement]
On a mission to close the gigaton gap between climate intention and action, CHOOOSE delivers a software platform that enables individuals and organizations to understand their carbon footprint and support trusted climate solutions. Leading companies in global travel and logistics (including dozens of airlines) run their voluntary and compliance-driven carbon programs on the CHOOOSE platform. CHOOOSE is increasingly focused on decarbonizing aviation by scaling the usage of Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF)
How we move both people and goods contributes meaningfully to global carbon emissions, and decarbonizing the travel, transportation, shipping, and logistics industries requires multi-faceted approaches. In this context, CHOOOSE actively supports some of the world’s largest companies in these sectors, enabling them to rapidly bring to market and evolve customer-facing climate action programs. CHOOOSE-powered programs provide practical software tools to our partners and their customers – empowering them to understand and address emissions today as well as to advance emerging solutions like SAF.
CHOOOSE is a venture-backed climate tech startup. We are an ambitious, mission-oriented team, and we are scaling our business and climate action in tandem. We care about one another and our partners. Headquartered in Oslo, Norway, CHOOOSE has remote team members around the globe and a growing team in the United States.
We’re seeking a Front-End Developer to build and develop our expanding software.
CHOOOSE delivers a software platform that enables individuals and organizations to understand their carbon footprint and support trusted climate solutions. Leading companies in global travel and logistics (including dozens of airlines) run their voluntary and compliance-driven carbon programs on the CHOOOSE platform. CHOOOSE is increasingly focused on decarbonizing aviation by scaling the usage of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF).
We are looking for a person who is open to new technologies, is not afraid to experiment and wants to constantly learn. The ideal candidate will be self-driven and able to take charge and make decisions.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with:
- React and React ecosystem
- ES6+ features
- TypeScript and Redux state management
- Maintaining and scaling complex front-end architecture
- Creating accessible and user-friendly components
- Creating unit tests or integration tests (react-testing-library)
- Experience with at least one CSS-in-JS UI framework (we use ChakraUI)
- Experience with Headless CMS (we use Sanity)
- An attitude for developing colleagues in the team by participating in code reviews, discussions, whiteboard sessions, and tech talks.
- An attitude for contributing to a good DevOps culture in the team.
- An attitude for contributing to a good remote culture in the team
• Competitive salary
• Option to participate in employee equity program
• Flexible work hours and remote work opportunities
• Support in remote setup needs
• A fun and supportive team committed to advancing climate solutions, tackling big challenges, and advancing individuals in their careers
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. CHOOOSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability status. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and underrepresented groups and communities. CHOOOSE is happy to discuss individual requirements relating to the application process and/or the demands of the role itself with candidates who have disabilities to ensure reasonable adjustments are confirmed in advance.
We know the right candidate may not check every box in this job description. This is okay, and we want to hear from you. If you think you are a great candidate for this role or another in CHOOOSE, apply anyway and tell us why.