Senior Sales Development Manager
Kansas City, MO or Remote /
Are you known for your high energy and ability to inspire your sales team to achieve greatness? If you’re an overachiever, who enjoys delivering exceptional results and wants to help build our business, this is an outstanding job opportunity for you!
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, Instagram, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 18,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As a Senior Sales Development Manager, you will be managing, coaching, and developing 3-4 highly motivated Sales Development Managers, and indirectly managing 30-40 SDRs, and will be responsible for helping them to drive results and achieve a higher level of mastery of their roles. As a part of the Growth Marketing Organization, the Senior Sales Development Manager will have the opportunity to drive pipeline creation for our sales partners. You will play a key role in developing the strategy that will help ChowNow continue to be a leader in the online ordering space and will have a direct impact on our restaurant partners ability to thrive.
Reports to Director of Sales Development; has 3-4 direct reports
Within 1 Month You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Establish and run weekly team meetings including: 1:1s with your direct reports; define individual goals with each manager to be reviewed and discussed each week with leadership; report on your team’s quota attainment, progress to weekly / monthly / quarterly goals, and conversion rates
- Successfully complete ChowNow sales process and methodology training and demonstrate that you can help the team with specific questions and effectively coach them through opportunity creation.
- Understand ChowNow’s Salesforce.com instance. You can customize reports, dashboards, and required data to give you an optimized view into SDR production.
- Execute and train on ChowNow's approach to prospecting.
Within 3 Months You’ll:
- Have diagnosed strengths and weaknesses of your team.
- Partner with Sales Development leadership to build your first training session based on your assessment of the most time sensitive area of weakness.
- Train to hire and promote SDR’s.
- Execute and Assist in Further Developing Ramp Camp training for new SDR’s
- Have an understanding of the ChowNow Value Prop and sales pillars.
Within 6 Months You’ll:
- Accurately report and forecast pipeline creation (within 7%) by partnering with your managers and leadership.
- Ensure your team maintains high standards of data integrity within our Salesforce.com instance, resulting in increased levels of connection rates with prospects from our sales and marketing programs
- Identify team workflow needs and work with Growth Marketing Operations and Growth Marketing leadership to implement process changes and/or new tools in the sales stack
- Cultivate a great culture within your team.
Within 12 Months You’ll:
- Maintain quota attainment across your teams.
- Maintain KPI (Key Performance Indicator) expectations and pull through
- Maintain the accepted demo rate of meetings by the sales team beyond 80%
You Should Apply If:
- You have 1-2 years of sales leadership experience.
- You are looked at as a natural leader amongst your team and continuously share best practices to drive team success.
- You have a proven track record in Inside SMB sales
- You have strong coaching and strategic selling skills – creating a business plan, assessing territories, qualifying targets and prioritizing sales efforts
- You have proven ability to develop, drive and thrive in a metrics-driven, process-based environment with high accountability
- You have knowledge of Salesforce, Apple products, Google Docs and Excel
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching.
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.