Talent Acquisition /
Are you passionate about finding the best and the brightest? Do you want to join a high energy company that celebrates diversity and encourages you to keep reaching to do your best work? If you thrive in a competitive and collaborative team environment that values an exceptional candidate experience, this may be the position for you!
About the Position:
As a member of the Recruiting team, you will partner with leadership teams and Sourcers to drive the hiring efforts for our Sales Development team. You will own and manage a full desk by sourcing passive talent, reviewing applications, conducting phone screens, managing a world-class candidate experience, and extending offers.
ChowNow values the Recruiting team as business partners and our hiring managers take hiring very seriously, so you will have immense support from our team while having high visibility to leaders across the organization. Our hiring philosophy is focused on collaboration and diversity, and you’ll be at the helm of our company’s most strategic effort, having a direct impact on our most critical measure of success: sales and growth, while supporting our mission to help local restaurants thrive.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, Instagram, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 18,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
Reports to Senior Director of Recruiting, No Direct Reports
Within 1 month, you’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Shadow each department for an in depth look into ChowNow’s product and how each team plays their part.
- Develop relationships with hiring managers to understand roles and their talent needs. Conduct initial 1:1s with hiring managers and other strategic partnerships throughout the company to identify what a successful relationship looks like and how you will work together.
- Learn through shadowing other team members the ChowNow talent bar, the interview process, and how we hire; shadow two weeks of calls and interviews to help you get there.
- Dive into sourcing to seek out, engage, and nurture relationships with diverse top talent.
- Tackle your own candidate pipeline and take ownership of active candidates. You’ll partner with our Recruiting team to learn our interview processes, ideal candidate profiles, and how to manage your own workflow.
- Perfect the ChowNow pitch--you’ll be able to talk to anyone about our opportunities.
- Facilitate your first debrief and drive decisions within hiring committees.
- Close your first candidate whom you have brought full-cycle through the recruiting process.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Drive decisions/actions within hiring committees and close top talent with your hiring manager partners and teams.
- Proactively build and nurture relationships w/ colleges, organizations, and sales communities to drive a consistent bench of talent.
- Meet weekly with your hiring managers to understand wins, gaps, and highest priority roles. Provide metrics and conversion rate updates to your hiring manager to partner on improvements and iterations.
- In conjunction with your manager, track talent acquisition metrics including conversions, time-to-fill, source of hire, offer acceptance rates, etc.
- Use data and your own instincts to identify inefficiencies and innovate / improve your pipeline health and speed.
- Attend at least one networking event to drive ChowNow’s employer brand and build your bench of candidates.
- Collaborate with local Recruiters by attending Diversity and Inclusion events.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- In partnership with our Recruiting Coordinator, own a flawlessly positive and empowering candidate experience: ensure that candidates always know where they're at in the process, giving timely updates, and communicating expectations and results to all candidates.
- Provide feedback to sales leadership and interviewers as to what's working, what's not, and ideas for what to change.
- Collaborate with hiring departments to create diversity and inclusion plans for recruitment as well as ongoing outreach programs.
- Collaborate with Director of Sales Training and Development to identify skills gaps and iterate on your recruitment strategy.
- Have begun to build a bench of talent for future requisitions.
- Consistently achieve your hiring goals; you’ll have hit your stride after having completed onboarding, and we’ll look to you do deliver month over month!
You Should Apply If:
- You have at least one year previous full-cycle sales recruiting experience.
- You value diversity and take pride in working for a culture where everyone’s voice counts.
- You have a creative approach to finding the best talent. Sourcing is a major part of our hiring strategy, so you should be confident in your abilities to seek out, engage, and nurture relationships with a diverse group of top talent.
- You understand the profile of a sales individual and have a strong ability to sell those who can sell themselves.
- You have prior experience extending offers and closing candidate and are able to manage several requisitions at once.
- You take a partnership approach to working with engaged hiring managers.
- You’re comfortable leading, providing feedback, and driving these relationships forward to help ChowNow achieve our hiring goals.
- You have a desire to deliver excellence while providing an exceptional candidate experience.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching.
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.