Senior Data Scientist, B2B Growth Marketing
Los Angeles, CA or Remote, CA /
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
We are seeking an experienced Senior Data Scientist, B2B Growth Marketing, who will own the analytics strategy, execution, scaling, and optimization of our efforts to bring new restaurants onto the ChowNow platform. Projects will be both quantitative (lead-scoring, lifecycle modeling, experimentation design and execution, ROI optimization, data analysis, and dashboarding), and qualitative (What are the right data and analytics tools for our marketing technology stack? What growth strategies should we consider? What is the right mix of channel, campaign, and content? How do we make decisions where data is unavailable?) and require a mix of hard and soft skills while working across functions.
As a member of the Team DnA (Data and Analytics), you will be responsible for developing rigorous data analyses to help inform and optimize decision making, processes, and strategies. You will define and operationalize the tracking of both company-wide and department-specific KPIs, identify patterns, and recommend actionable insights to improve how we build products and grow the business. In addition, you will partner with key functional teams and collaborate with the Data team to build a world class data platform, tools, insights, models, and experiments to power data-informed decisions, drive impact, and build the future of Data, Analytics, and Data Science at ChowNow.
Reports to: Director, GTM Analytics & Data Science
Within 30 days, you will:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Familiarize yourself with the company’s data warehouse and analytics tools
- Meet with key stakeholders and DnA team members to better understand our vision and opportunities to make an impact with data, analytics, and data science
Within 3 months, you will:
- Define and analyze company and department-specific KPIs, and guide the related instrumentation and data collection
- Communicate results, insights, and recommendations to key decision makers
- Deliver your own data-driven research, assessment, and recommendations to an executive audience
- Partner with key stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve processes, and build systems and tools to enable scalable analysis, reporting, and data quality
Within 6 months, you will:
- Identify, design, and execute on analytics projects aimed at finding the best solution to critical business problems
- Provide strategic data insights to help cross-functional leaders better understand and improve acquisition and success of restaurants
- Effectively communicate learnings and provide recommendations to impactful and strategic decision making
- Build automated, scalable solutions to enable advanced exploratory and self-service analytics
You Should Apply If:
- You have 7+ years of professional experience in analytics, consulting, or a similar role
- You are effective at collaborating with cross-functional teams and communicating with leadership across various departments including Marketing, Sales, and Finance.
- You are able to articulate findings clearly and concisely, creating data-driven content and stories that directly provide strategic insight and business value
- You have experience as a member of or partnering with Growth Marketing teams in a B2B SaaS business providing your own analysis of business performance and opportunities
- You have worked with Marketo, Salesforce, Heap, Optimizely or similar operational and analytics tools common in the Growth Marketing B2B space
- You have experience with marketing optimization, lead-scoring, experimental design, and/or customer retention.
- You are excited by a role involving acronyms and terms such as LTV, CAC, MRR, ARR, as well as SQL, CTE, and dbt.
- You have strong SQL skills and experience with relational databases
- You have strong programming/statistical analysis experience in Python and/or R
- You have an ability to surface insights through advanced data visualization using Mode Analytics, Tableau, and/or other similar Business Intelligence tools
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read here about your California privacy rights.