Territory Manager (Outside Sales)
Are you a self-motivated and gregarious business development representative that wants to make money selling an innovative technology? Do you want to join a high energy company with an amazing culture? If you thrive in a competitive and collaborative team environment then this may be position for you!
About The Position:
The Territory Manager role is a full-time, high base salary + generous commission outside sales position based in Cleveland. You will sell online ordering and marketing solutions in person within an assigned territory. Most of your time will be spent in the field or working from your home office…which provides lots of freedom and requires self-discipline. We’ll provide you with the right tools and on-going training while you grow our restaurant network and grow your career.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
As a Territory Manager, You'll...
- Execute a buyer centric sales process. This is about solving real problems, not just pitching.
- Become a world-class social seller and subject matter expert within online ordering and restaurant marketing. This requires building your personal brand online.
- Meet and exceed a fair quota for new restaurant accounts.
- Prospect for potential restaurant partners through Internet research, social media, cold calling, “cold walk in’s”, and real world networking.
- Connect with restaurant owners online, on the phone and in person. Owners are tough to catch so you’ll have to be creative and persistent.
- Demo ChowNow as a solution to a restaurant owner’s problems & negotiate agreements.
- Hand-hold restaurants during the setup process while transitioning the relationships to a ChowNow Account Manager.
Within 30 Days, You'll...
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Learn the suite of ChowNow products; be able to discuss the ChowNow origin story with prospective clients.
- Learn to navigate through salesforce (Creating Leads, Opportunities, Flipping Accounts to “Closed Won” - YESSS!)
- Start to master your ChowNow pitch, from your elevator pitch to close.
- Learn the lay of the land, begin to understand your territory at greater length and strategize on what’s your first and next move. (Start to generate leads/ opportunities out in the field).
- Learn the sales process from A to Z (From finding the leads, to saying hello, to asking for the close and finally making sure everything is correct in Salesforce).
- Start to build a relationship with your SDR.
Within 60 Days, You'll...
- Hit/ Exceed your ramp quota.
- Learn to manage your calendar and travel schedule.
- Become a road warrior by driving activity out in the field.
- Start to maximize your efficiency and organization .
- Begin to build relationships with our partnerships (US Foods).
- Continue to develop your relationship with your SDR, learn how to strategize and become more efficient in the field.
Within 90 Days, You'll...
- Hit/Exceed your ramp quota.
- Fully understand the sales cycle.
- Be on your way to become a sales guru.
- Build a book of relationships with our partnerships that you will use throughout your career here at ChowNow.
You Should Apply If:
- You’re an experienced, hungry sales professional with 3+ years of experience, and a proven track record of winning deals in a short sales cycle.
- You enjoy the entire sales process (prospecting, qualifying, positioning, closing, and supporting client onboarding).
- You’re genuinely curious about people, local restaurants, and food trends. You enjoy build lasting relationships that enable you to build a book of business where referrals are the norm.
- You practice as hard as you play. You’re a market expert, you know your competitors, you’re up to date on the latest trends, you’re coachable, and you’re willing to put in the time to master your craft to understand how your buyer makes decisions.
- Sales to restaurants a BIG plus. The ability to thrive while working in the field with your own home office is a HUGE plus.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary + Commission
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.