Email Marketing Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA
If you're looking to bring your skills of organization and reporting to a place where you can impact millions of restaurant diners -- then step right up. ChowNow is seeking a highly organized Email Marketing Coordinator to join our Marketing team. You will be responsible for building, testing, scheduling and data collection of restaurant-to-diner, B2B and consumer email campaigns. Help us keep pace with our fast-growing list of customers including celebrity chefs (Rick Bayless, Tom Douglas, Mario Batali), top restaurant groups (Lettuce Entertain You, Pitfire Pizza), and global food brands (Bon Appetit, Guckenheimer).
We’re looking for someone who is highly-motivated and relentless in helping customers as quickly and efficiently as possible. Additionally, the Email Marketing Coordinator will provide continuous feedback and campaign performance to the Design, Restaurant Success, and Marketing teams. You’re incredibly organized, detail-oriented, and are capable of handling multiple responsibilities at the same time. At ChowNow you will learn to understand our restaurant clients’ unique needs and provide creative solutions that are the best for them. You’ll be joining a fast-growing startup, and you’ll learn how to navigate our internal systems, see how a scaling company grows, and be a part of the next chapter of ChowNow.
How you'll stand out as a Candidate:
You’re process oriented and even more so, proactive in finding gaps in efficiency and presenting solutions to increase productivity. You’re skillful with time management and possess the ability to balance multiple time sensitive projects in a high volume environment which is proven by your previous experience in coordinating a large volume of digital assets. You are completely transparent and clear in your communication.
You can code a seamlessly responsive email in HTML and have some examples to show us. Your knowledge of best practices in email coding, deliverability, and CAN-SPAM requirements are constantly kept up to date.
ChowNow is a fast-growing tech company on a mission to give restaurants a competitive edge with best-in-class mobile and online ordering technology. Since 2011 we've built personalized ordering systems for more than 6,500 restaurants in all 50 states and Canada – making it easy for diners to order directly from our customer’s website and branded iPhone and Android apps. Based in Playa Vista, CA, ChowNow is dedicated to helping restaurants grow their to-go businesses, strengthen their customer relationships, and compete with national chains using leading technology.
Within 1 month, you'll..
- Attend and graduate from our company-wide onboarding training (Ramp Camp)
- Have learned the ins and outs of ChowNow and our product.
- You’ll get to shadow each department for an in-depth look at how each team plays their part.
- After you’ve gained context into your role and insight for how much of an impact you can make, you’ll take on the restaurant-to-diner email marketing programs.
- You’ll be working with the Marketing team to build, QA, schedule (through MailChimp) and track the emails from end-to-end to ensure successful campaigns.
Within 3 months, you'll..
- Be responsible for all restaurant-to-diner email marketing programs. You will know how to navigate the ChowNow dashboard to build email lists, collect, and organize data. Along with the pre-packaged email programs, you’ll also have built marketing emails to our clients and assisted with managing assets through Marketo. You’ll be the point person for testing emails through Litmus and making sure that all compatibility standards are met.
Within 6 months, you'll..
- Have a proven track record for successfully producing a high volume of emails and be known as the email building expert
- You’ll constantly work closely with the Marketing and Restaurant Success teams to find ways to improve our email production processes.
Within 12 months, you'll..
- Be able to pinpoint patterns and changes in the results of our growing campaigns and lend thoughtful analysis.
- You know our clients and customers so well that you’re able to design and produce campaigns that would benefit all parties.
Why you'll love us:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Unlimited PTO; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Generous parental leave (primary and secondary)
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap