Los Angeles, CA
We’re looking for a self-motivated, data-driven mind to take ownership of our client-related and internal data to develop actionable insights and direct strategy for company wide growth and internal optimizations.
About The Job
The Data Analyst will help to ensure that ChowNow is growing in the most efficient way possible. They will seek out and identify areas of opportunity to drive significant transformation in our strategy and processes. This position’s primary responsibilities will be to perform data mining, analysis, reporting, and visualization to support strategic decision making. The Data Analyst will have the opportunity to work with and impact Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Finance, Product, and Engineering departments.
ChowNow is a fast-growing tech company on a mission to give restaurants a competitive edge with best-in-class mobile and online ordering technology. Since 2010, we've built personalized ordering systems for more than 6,000 restaurants nationwide – making it easy for customers to order directly from their website, Facebook page, and branded iPhone and Android apps. Based in Playa Vista, CA, ChowNow is dedicated to helping restaurants grow their to-go businesses, strengthen customer relationships, and compete with national chains using leading technology.
- Work with departmental stakeholders to analyze data for integrity and validity
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Create practical and powerful predictive models to solve business problems
- Develop holistic reports and dashboards for business insights on a daily, weekly and monthly basis by working creatively through various systems including internal data
- Design and conduct analysis with the purpose of improving and streamlining processes
- Transform large amount of data into digestible management information
- Developed standardized reporting infrastructure to provide visibility internally and externally showcasing budgeting, forecasting, and trend analysis
- Create and manage operational/sales dashboards to track key performance indicator metrics for sales, account management, and marketing initiatives
- Collaborate with sales, account management, marketing, and engineering to recognize trends impacting performance with a focus on customer success and revenue growth
Skills & Qualifications You’ll Need To Succeed
- 2+ years professional hands on analytical experience working with complex data sets
- Experienced with data analysis ensuring integrity using industry standards
- Proven SQL language experience with highly-performing SQL
- Familiarity with high-volume applications/systems producing large amounts of data/metrics
- Advanced Excel macro knowledge
- Knowledge of Data Modeling concepts
- Understanding of visualization concepts and techniques for presenting machine data
- Great communication skills and ability to work cross-collaboratively
Joining The Team Has Its Perks
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- This is a great time to join because we’re growing and we want to promote from within.
- FUN, high-impact, and fast-paced environment. We want you to love working here…so much that you recruit your friends.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Unlimited PTO. Paid Holidays. We expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life.
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan. If all goes well, this could change your life. Really.
- Consistent & fair leadership. We’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap