Inbound Sales Development Representative
Kansas City, MO or Remote /
Are you a self-motivated and gregarious sales representative that wants to make money selling an innovative technology? Do you want to join a high energy company with an amazing culture? If you thrive in a competitive and collaborative team environment then this may be the position for you!
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, Instagram, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 18,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As an Inbound Sales Development Representative you will have an opportunity to be a key strategic contributor -- Bringing your intense work ethic and desire to make an immediate impact. You will gain invaluable experience, and have the chance to showcase your acquired knowledge. You will take ownership of your assigned Marketing Qualified Leads by educating restaurant owners on our value proposition and generating opportunities for your territory managers.
You will constantly be collaborating with your peers to create awareness with your prospects, demonstrating that you are a thought leader in the restaurant technology space, and helping restaurateurs improve their business by using the ChowNow platform. This position requires the right combination of grit, curiosity and drive to help small business owners with their daily challenges.
This is a 100% remote role. Reports to Sales Development Manager; No Direct Reports.
Within 1 Month, You'll...
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Dive right in and quickly start developing an understanding of our target customer profile and qualifying criteria for opportunities
- Learn how to utilize a wide range of sales tools (Salesforce, Outreach, Chili Piper) and incorporate into the ChowNow sales process
- Start hopping on the phones and driving high volume, consultative discovery conversations with inbound leads to identify if they’re a potential fit for ChowNow.
- Convert inbound leads to appointments on the calendar for our internal sales partners.
Within 3 Months, You'll...
- Become a fully ramped SDR while hitting your activity goals
- Form a tight knit, well oiled partnership with the sales team and bring in assisted revenue to ChowNow
- Understand the importance of reports and dashboards in Salesforce to evaluate your pipeline and KPIs
Within 6 Months, You'll...
- Hit and exceed your activity goals
- Contribute to the growth of the team by sharing knowledge and participating in shadow sessions with new team members
- Develop thorough knowledge of the ChowNow product and become a trusted consultant to prospective restaurants.
- Begin Working Towards Your Career Progression Within ChowNow.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and commission plan
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching.
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.