Content Marketing Specialist, Client Lifecycle
Los Angeles, CA
Are you an experienced Content Marketing Specialist, who has a passion for creating high-quality, B2B client-facing content? We’re looking for a strategic, creative, analytical marketer who is obsessed with writing and developing content that nurtures and supports ChowNow’s live restaurant partners. If this sounds like you, then we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
About the Team:
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As our Content Marketing Specialist, you will be responsible for managing a robust pipeline of content aligned with a restaurant client’s lifecycle on the ChowNow platform. Your focus will be on the strategic and hands-on development of automated outbound emails, whitepapers, case studies, and landing pages, that will nurture our live clients and leads to an increase in upsells and client engagement and a decrease in client churn. Note: This role is not responsible for creating content aimed at acquiring new customers.
As the Content Marketing Specialist - Client Lifecycle, you will work from our Los Angeles Headquarters and report to the Marketing Program Manager; No Direct Reports
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Gain an in-depth understanding of ChowNow’s current content landscape through a comprehensive content training and audit
- Shadow members of the Restaurant Performance team to understand client pain points and the proactive/reactive tactics that lead to client success
- Demonstrate your grasp of ChowNow’s brand style and voice by writing two upsell emails focused on facilitating conversations with our Restaurant Marketing Managers.
- Work with the Restaurant Success team and Email Marketing team to deploy 1 product upsell email.
- Write 1 email focused on converting restaurants on a monthly plan to an Annual or Two-Year Plan.
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Prioritize a road map and content production calendar that identifies all possible communication touch points within a client’s life cycle.
- Work with the design and customer success teams to write and email nurture program targeted at restaurants who are enrolled in our add-on product services, helping ensure long-term success.
- Develop 5 new milestone emails, gaining a deep understanding of our content creation process (copywriting, design submission and feedback, and distribution).
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Completely own the content calendar and automation schedule for live client communications from the Restaurant Success team and turn the content development process into a well-oiled machine
- Own and update a library of upsell one sheets, case studies, and white papers that support and enable the Restaurant Success team’s interactions with live clients
- Implement best practices in reporting and content optimization using Google Analytics for our digital content campaigns and click-to-purchase metrics on automated email programs
- Contribute to a 50% increase in “booked consultations” between restaurant clients and their Restaurant Success Managers.
You Should Apply If:
- You have demonstrated success in B2B, client-facing content development and/or copywriting.
- You are an effective communicator to various audiences and have superlative grammar and proofreading skills.
- You love writing emails, and draw from industry best practices to ensure all email copy is written with conversion in mind.
- You are focused on results, are a self-starter, and have used content to motivate customers and clients along the post-live buyer’s journey.
- You are passionate about making a measurable impact on business growth through marketing.
- You’re incredibly organized, detail-oriented, and are capable of handling multiple responsibilities at the same time, specifically content deliverable timelines.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.