Senior Production Artist
Los Angeles, CA or Remote /
Marketing Production /
Do you believe that a restaurant's brand plays an essential factor in their success? Are you an ambitious Senior Production Artist looking to collaborate in a fast-paced production studio? Look no further, ChowNow is seeking a detail-oriented Senior Production Artist with expert level graphic creation, system design, and Adobe CS skills to join the Marketing Production Team. We know you'll be a good value add because you're passionate about pushing pixels to perfection and making flawless mechanicals. You possess a thirst to learn and take pride in your craft and love to share your knowledge. You stay focused on honing your craft and take pride in putting your pixel-perfect work into the world, and we do too.
About the Team:
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, Instagram, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 18,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As a Senior Production Artist, you will create pixel-perfect assets using Adobe CS, Figma, and Sketch to bring final design files to life. You will take various assets and use clipping paths, create masks, resize, and make appropriate color mode transformations, in addition to other tasks associated with graphic production. You should have a high level of experience in using Adobe Creative Cloud, Figma, and Sketch to edit and produce vector and raster image assets. You will help with the production of high quality, compelling marketing materials in a variety of media, including landing pages, web banners, emails, print, and social media static and motion, all while sustaining ChowNow's brand standards. Attention to detail is key, you should take pride in being highly organized and be able to follow and develop new processes, procedures, and uphold ChowNow standards.
Specifically, you will:
- Take final designs from the Marketing design team and make them production ready by checking color accuracy, image format, text and asset alignment, running spell check, ensuring proper sizing, etc.
- Manage the library of design templates including adding new variations, updating layouts, versioning, and creating final mechanicals for new templates.
- Prioritize the workload assigned to you by the Traffic Manager, being mindful of timelines and the teams you need to collaborate with.
- Be an expert source of knowledge regarding ChowNow restaurant marketing materials including their creation and the processes needed to do so.
- Work closely with client-facing team members to build marketing materials for clients with more complex requests and give guidance around design focused conversations.
- Help to QA materials produced by our team of freelance production artists.
- Train new freelancers on ChowNow production task processes, client asset management, and Salesforce navigation.
- Help develop file naming conventions and folder structure for new products and projects.
This role reports directly to the Design Program Manager; no direct reports.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Observe 4 Restaurant Partner sessions with our RS team.
- Shadow design team members on current projects and initiatives.
- Familiarize yourself with the ChowNow Box server setup.
- Learn how to use the design team project management tools (Salesforce & Notion).
- Complete 25 restaurant marketing production tasks per day.
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Convert new designs from the Marketing design team into production ready mechanicals.
- Develop an expert knowledge of ChowNow client marketing materials requirements and processes.
- Possess the ability to complete any of our client marketing materials without supervision.
- Confidently provide asset approvals for our client facing teams.
- Audit and update existing design templates for necessary upkeep.
- Consistently contribute to the execution of client materials as needed.
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Have established relationships with stakeholders and partners and have developed clear lines of communication.
- Build and/or update documentation of processes including file naming conventions and folder structure, training materials, and presentation decks.
- Be a source of knowledge for all things ChowNow client marketing production.
- Develop ways for yourself and our team to be more efficient while maintaining outstanding quality.
- Observe 4 product demos with our sales team
You Should Apply If:
- You have 5-7 years of production studio background
- You have expertise in Adobe CS, and Sketch. Figma is a plus!
- You have Illustrator & Sketch experience (plus, not a requirement)
- You’re comfortable receiving and delivering feedback and versed in an iterative design environment.
- You have an ability to work efficiently with multiple tasks, projects
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to work well with partners and team in a fast-paced professional environment
- Experience in maintaining and setting up meticulous files and systems in an organized manner.
- Experience working multiple CMS, Google Business Suite, Box, MAC OS, iOS and internal digital asset management tools.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A “best place to work” winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.