Kansas City, MO
Do you love the restaurant and technology industries? Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your client servicing skills, while also learning sales, organizational, and time management techniques? If working on a collaborative, cross departmental team with high energy and levels of activity interests you, then we might have the perfect opportunity.
About the Position:
As an Account Coordinator, you will be the first warm-welcome to a newly signed ChowNow restaurant client. You will bring your strong communication skills, your high level of organization, and your subtle sales finesse to this fast-paced, KPI-focused role. Your days will be spent managing a high volume of inbound and outbound emails and phone calls while owning the onboarding process and client relationship until the point of launch, when the account is seamlessly handed off to a post-live Restaurant Success Manager.
You will have the unique opportunity to perfect your time management and client servicing skills at a company and on a team that is dedicated to your personal and professional growth. You will gain immense operational knowledge and first hand experience of the restaurant and technology industries.
Your success will be measured by your ability to efficiently collect client assets and information, coordinate behind-the-scenes account setup across multiple departments, upsell on various products, effectively train clients on our technology and process, accurately log all activity and data in Salesforce, prevent pre-live churn, and position all restaurants for a successful launch.
This position is located in the heart of the Crossroads Arts District. Reports to AC Team Manager. No Direct Reports.
A one-of-a-kind workplace on a mission to preserve one-of-a-kind food.
ChowNow is on a mission to help local, independent restaurants thrive. Because of the vitality they bring to our neighborhoods and cities. Because of the amazing, one-of-a-kind food they create. And because the restaurant business is tougher than ever -- thanks to increasing competition, complexity, and the rise of third-party delivery services that gouge restaurants on every sale.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee, regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
We pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase.
If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk. Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent) and by browsing our open roles at chownow.com/careers. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
Within 30 Days, You'll...
- Complete your ChowNow new hire onboarding (Ramp Camp) and learn the ins and outs of ChowNow and our product.
- Shadow each department for an in depth look into how each team plays their part.
- Complete an extensive and in depth Account Coordinator training lead by your manager, various departments, and members of the AC Team.
- Receive your first 10-15 onboarding accounts.
- Audio-record your client facing phone calls (or have them shadowed) and receive 1:1 coaching from your manager.
Within 60 Days, You'll...
- Onboard and manage a queue of around 35 accounts.
- Complete client phone calls and emails without manager review or shadowing.
- Launch 25 accounts and upsell 2-5 add-ons per month.
Within 90 Days, You'll...
- Onboard and manage a queue of up to 50+ accounts.
- Launch around 40 accounts and upsell 5-10 add-ons per month.
- Be able to prevent pre-live churn through support, training, and expectation setting and re-setting.
- Choose an area of expertise within the AC role to develop a unique specialization project that you work on with your manager and carry out through your AC career.
You Should Apply If:
- You have a proven track record of multi-tasking, project management, and client servicing skills.
- You are extremely detail oriented, open to feedback, and thrive in a team environment.
- You enjoy working with a high number of different clients and personalities at once, juggling various responsibilities, while also producing quality experiences.
- You are genuinely interested in growing your career in a fast paced, goal oriented, client facing position.
- You are able to hold yourself accountable to your personal goals, while maintaining a work hard, professional, and positive outlook.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.