Product Design Manager
Los Angeles, CA /
Product Design /
About the Position:
As a Product Design Manager at ChowNow, you will measure success in terms of both human and business impact. You will use research, strategy management, systematic design, and data to lead and manage a team of Product Designers to develop new products, services, and customer experiences for our company, clients, and consumers. You will work with client and customer engagement data across our current products. You will undertake in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis to drive product innovation and strategy. You will be working within a team built on the foundation of strong collaboration, and impeccable design. You will work alongside Data, Engineering, Business, Brand, Product Design, and Marketing teams to bring plans to life.
About the Team:
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 16,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
This role reports directly to the Executive Creative Director and has direct reports of various levels.
Specifically, You will:
- Investigate all our data inputs to uncover new opportunities and identify key insights that will drive ChowNow product and service development.
- Design new opportunities for product and service features and back them with user research and data insights.
- Establish and present client and customer behaviors with the aim of always improving their experience with our products and services.
- Develop career growth plans for the Product Design team.
- Work with our Recruiting team to attract and hire new Product Designers aligned with company growth plans.
- Instill excellence and quality in the Product Design team through collaboration.
- Encourage an inclusive and open environment that makes space for diverse viewpoints and working styles.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Observe 4 Restaurant Partner sessions with our RS team
- Observe Product Design related meetings to gain insight into our Product Design process
- Shadow current team members on current projects and initiatives
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Foster a new Product Designer team project management process
- Begin to develop plans for product and services innovation
- Begin to conduct research on our services and products
- Built working relationships with the Product Development teams
- Develop a component-based design system
- Observe 4 product demos with our sales team
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Have established relationships with stakeholders and partners and have developed clear lines of communication
- Establish research processes and present them to the department
- Conduct a research project internally or externally
- Develop a plan for career development within the Product Design team
- Develop a plan to bring a new products on our roadmap to life
You Should Apply If:
- You have 6+ Years experience in UX, Product Design or Experience Design
- You have 2+ years of experience managing a team
- You have Project and Team management software experience
- You have Adobe CS experience
- You have Illustrator, Sketch and Figma experience
- You have an ability to work efficiently with multiple tasks, projects, and manage a team to do the same
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and on-screen)
- You have strong attention to detail and are highly organized
- You have an ability to work well in a fast-paced professional environment
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.