Vice President, Marketing
Los Angeles, CA
Are you a seasoned marketing leader excited to take on your next challenge? Do you want to help leverage a powerful and well-loved brand to further accelerate ChowNow’s growth? Are you the kind of leader who is part communication strategist, part analyst, and part brand guru?
We are looking for a VP of Marketing to help us with our next phase of growth — which includes a strategic addition of a consumer-based online ordering and media platform. You’ve had success leading a team at a company with a strong pattern of product marketing wins and have foresight on where B2B and Consumer Marketing is headed next.
We are looking for a great communicator who can build/lead a team capable of straddling B2B/consumer, growth and brand, all with a scrappy data-driven focus.
The VP of Marketing at ChowNow will be responsible for leading, developing and growing all aspects of marketing with a focus on brand, communications, and PR. The individual must be data-informed with a keen eye for high-quality brand communications. You’re forward-thinking with a comprehensive knowledge of the performance marketing ecosystem, as well as a strong and collaborative team leader — excited to roll up your sleeves to drive results with your team and colleagues.
Our Marketing org is a small, but mighty team with a track record of success. We already generate a steady flow of inbound leads, organize a slew of external communications, and have developed deep internal relationships to get things done across the company. Reports to CEO; directly manages Marketing department (currently 4 people).
Within 30 days
- Complete the ChowNow New Hire Ramp Camp
- Complete 4 demos with a in-field Sales Territory Manager
- Complete a brand audit and present findings to Exec Team
- Begin weekly one-on-one with team
Within 90 days
- Craft and communicate a Marketing Department roadmap (and associated Objectives & Key Results) that will influence the perception of ChowNow’s products and services with influential individuals and organizations in the public and private sectors
- Provide Exec Team and Town Hall updates on Marketing department initiatives, accomplishments, and learnings
Within 6 months
- Drive the development of best-in-class sales enablement resources and tools aimed at sales conversion
- Improve the quality of our marketing automation, email campaigns, and CRM systems
- Develop and implement a strategic communications plan to advance ChowNow’s brand identity; broaden awareness of our products; and increase the visibility of our products and restaurant clients across key audiences
Within 12 months
- Drive the increase in qualified inbound sales leads
- Devise public relations strategies that will allow ChowNow to cultivate and enhance meaningful relationships with targeted, high-level external audiences, including the media and key influencers
- Utilize and leverage the power of ChowNow brand to get key executives media spots including conferences, podcasts, print, and TV
We’d Love to Hear From You If…
- You are an experienced marketing leader with 10+ years of marketing experience at well-known consumer Saas companies (digital/media/ecommerce) with expertise in brand building, public relations, and brand storytelling
- You’re adept at managing a marketing P&L
- You’re able to define metrics, instrument their measurement, and lead a team to hit them
- You’re ready to share and expand on your track record of creating compelling brand relationships in a measurable and data-informed way
- You care about the quality and details of the marketing products you create and measure success by the impact on customers (internal and external)
- You’re a thoughtful coach and manager who loves helping your team grow, collaborate, and achieve more together
- You’re very comfortable in start-up mode (ambiguity, frugality, etc.)
- You’re at your best in a high-growth, entrepreneurial culture that requires teamwork and significant interaction with employees at all levels
- You’re able to enthusiastically articulate your interest in the restaurant industry
- You have a strong point of view but are low ego
JOINING THE TEAM HAS ITS PERKS:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Unlimited PTO; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave.
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
About the Team:
At ChowNow, we are passionate about serving the needs of over 7,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners (who transact over $1,000,000 daily on the ChowNow platform).
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — 5 minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.