Los Angeles, CA /
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 16,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve
neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As our Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for processing payroll for ChowNow’s 400+ employees.
Reports to Controller, No direct reports.
Specifically you will:
- Process payroll in ADP on a semi-monthly basis
- Process non-recurring/manual payroll adjustments communicated by the People + Culture department
- Calculate manual checks as needed, including final/termination paychecks
- Calculate and process leave of absence payments to employee in accordance with instructions from People + Culture
- Administer the timekeeping system in ADP
- Participation in the implementation and/or upgrades of systems associated with core responsibilities
- Preparing payroll and benefit journal entities in the general ledger system
- Maintain payroll related balance sheet account reconciliations
- Keep accurate employee department associations across all payroll related systems
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Audit ChowNow HRIS and payroll systems to ensure that all changes are being processed with 100% accuracy
- Review ADPs federal and tax setup
- Meet with key stakeholders in Finance and other departments to determine
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Maintain accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions.
- Participate in the ChowNow 401(k) plan audit
- Assist in implementing ADP GL Integration
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Create and launch ADP Time & Attendance training program for new managers and supervisors
- Process semi-monthly payroll with over 98% accuracy
- Maintain a 24 hours response time for employee inquiries
- Assist in annual financial statement audit documentation preparation
You Should Apply If:
- You have experience processing payroll through ADP WorkforceNow
- You have experience processing CA payroll
- You have experience with multi-state payroll processing
- You have experience with opening new states for payroll
- You have strong organizational and time management skills
- You’re detail oriented
- You have an intermediate knowledge of basic accounting and payroll practices
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Open Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid primary parental leave and two weeks secondary leave.
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.