Strategic Sales Executive
Los Angeles, CA or Remote /
Inside Sales /
About the Position:
As a Strategic Sales Account Executive, you will have an opportunity to be a key strategic contributor in growing a new segment of the business. You will gain invaluable experience, and have the chance to showcase your acquired knowledge. You will be responsible for sales and revenue growth in your assigned territory. You will be expected to build and manage a sales pipeline, follow a sales process and develop prospecting strategies for the restaurant brands/group with 11 units or greater within your territory.
You will constantly be collaborating with your peers and manager to refine your ValueSelling skills that allow you to create awareness with your prospects, demonstrating that you are a thought leader in the restaurant technology space, so you can help growing chain restaurants improve their business by using the ChowNow platform. This position requires the right combination of grit, curiosity and the drive to help small business owners with their daily challenges.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, Instagram, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 18,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
Specifically, you will:
- Build a pipeline of prospects and manage the sales stages from initiate to close
- Lead efforts to grow the ChowNow market share and presence amongst restaurant brands and groups in the mid-market of 10 or more units. Successfully cultivate relationships at the C-Suite level through research, cold-calling, channel partnerships and professional networking which lead to a qualified pipeline of prospects.
- Leverage external relationships and network to generate sales leads for the territory.
- Responsible for managing demand and quickly “qualifying” opportunities with a defined territory.
- Create demand by clearly articulating and educating prospects using the ValueSelling Sales Methodology throughout sales calls and presentations.
- Meet and exceed sales booking and revenue quotas
- Plan, direct and coordinate sales support activities, including management of the sales pipeline through ChowNow sales tools (Salesforce)
- Utilize necessary sales enablement tools (Outreach, RingDNA, Zoom) to manage prospects through the sales funnel.
- Ensure all targeted prospect/client contacts and engagement opportunities are recorded in Salesforce.
- Involved in all phases of the sales lifecycle including: identifying and developing leads; meeting with clients; developing value propositions; financial deal structuring; to contract negotiation and closing
- Share industry, deal, and sales “best practice” knowledge with other members of the Strategic Sales team
- Understand the competitive landscape (strengths, weaknesses, benefits) and determine the unique Value ChowNow delivers to different buyer personas
- Must collaborate with the Account Coordinator team to ensure that expectations set during the sales process are met in onboarding and post-live.
- Cultivate relationships with the Strategic RSM team to ensure the best support plan is in place to reduce churn.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Thoroughly know our customers, their needs, and how our product adds differentiated value
- Gain understanding of new ChowNow market segments through competitive analysis and internal collaboration
- Confidently run in-product web demos for a variety of audiences
- Own and manager relationships, including the nurturing of passive leads
- Develop close relationships with the other stakeholders in our company - Marketing, Customer Success, and Product - and work cross functionally to support top-level company goals
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Prioritize strategic opportunities and resources to maximize your own output
- Hit and exceed your quota
- Understand the importance of reports and dashboards in SFDC to evaluate your pipeline
- Prioritize account within the Total Addressable Market for targeted outreach
- Optimize outbound sales process utilizing requires sales enablement tools
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Collaborate with Strategic Sales leadership to shape, iterate, and scale our sales strategy, taking initiative to improve the team’s practices, tools, and content
- Have dynamic new opportunities open up to you and achieve activity KPIs
- Consistent collaboration with Strategic Restaurant Success team to better understand segment needs to increase sales and decrease churn
- Contribute to the growth of the team
You Should Apply If:
- You have experience in SaaS, Digital Marketing, or Restaurant Industry Technology sales.
- You are analytically minded with a deep understanding of forecasting & data-driven decision making.
- You have proven success in selling/leading sales efforts in environments with 6 to 12 month sales cycles.
- You have proven skills in complex deal development, financial structuring, negotiations and closing with both new and existing clients.
- You’re comfortable with process driven sales, reporting and tracking.
- You have strong written and presentation based communication skills
- You are knowledgeable of the online ordering competitive landscape
- You’re comfortable with potential travel of up to 30%
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.