Temp-to-Hire - Customer Support Representative
Customer Support /
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, Instagram, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 18,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
Customer Support plays an indispensable role in our success as a company. As a Customer Support Representative, you are the voice of ChowNow, helping our restaurants and diners have a positive experience . You must be calm, caring and compassionate, and have a strong sense of empathy in difficult situations. Specifically you will answer inbound calls regarding the addition or removal of menu items, updating hours, and general account changes. You will also be responsible for order refund requests and assisting customers with ordering and food-related issues.
This is a 2 month engagement with the anticipation you will transition to full-time based on your performance metrics and KPI’s in the role. Training will take place over the course of two full weeks where you will be introduced to our policies and procedures, software, phone skills, and our voice.
Due to the safety and health of our staff during COVID-19 shelter in place, this role is work from home. We will provide you with all of the hardware you need to be successful, including internet reimbursement.
About the Team:
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
You should apply If:
- You have a solid foundation in customer service, with strong communication skills and a sense of urgency.
- You have a strong technical acumen with an ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- You have experience working with Mac computers and google g-suite.
- You are smart, independent, self-motivated, empathetic, passionate about supporting our customers, and a team player even in stressful situations.
- You’re incredibly organized, detail-oriented, and are capable of handling multiple responsibilities at the same time, specifically a high-volume of inbound phone calls.
- You have experience in technical customer service (email, phone, chat or live). This is a plus, but not required.
- You're available to begin a shift as early as 5:00 am and end as late as 11:00 pm.
- You're available to work some holidays and weekends.
Benefits We Offer to Temporary Employees:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.