Principal Front End Engineer
Los Angeles, CA
About ChowNow Engineering
ChowNow Engineering is built on a foundation of communication, superlative talent, agile processes, and camaraderie. Our team is located in Playa Vista, CA — the heart of LA Tech.
ChowNow is a fast-growing tech company on a mission to give restaurants a competitive edge with best-in-class mobile and online ordering technology. Since 2010, we've built personalized ordering systems for more than 6,000 restaurants nationwide – making it easy for customers to order directly from their website, Facebook page, and branded iPhone and Android apps. Based in Playa Vista, CA, ChowNow is dedicated to helping restaurants grow their to-go businesses, strengthen customer relationships, and compete with national chains using leading technology.
- Have a strong understanding of UI and UX paradigms
- Ability to diagnose issues reported by non-technical staff and end-users
- Possess strong technical writing and whiteboard communication skills
- Lead the front end architecture and development while acting as a mentor to other team members
- A portfolio of work or public links to live applications to which you were a primary contributor. Open source contributions a plus.
- Design, implement, and maintain front-end and web application components to support and scale 100x annual growth
- During weekly engineering sprints estimate story points and help divide and conquer issue backlog.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Experience with Ember, React, Angular, Backbone, or other object-oriented JS framework
- Experience designing and building large JS web applications
- Experience with syntactic style languages (SASS, LESS, Stylus, etc.) and common UI toolkits (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Experience with build and deployment tools and processes a plus (gulp, grunt, ember-cli, webpack, etc.)
- Experience managing packages with npm
- Computer Science degree or Computer Science background
- Understanding performance characteristics of data structures is critical
- Should be comfortable to proficient in Python (or Ruby, Perl, C, etc.)
- Mentorship – pour into our team
- Python with Bottle
- Relational databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Cache/queue datastore: Redis
- DVCS software: Git via GitHub
- UNIX: Debian Linux
- Issue management software: JIRA
JOINING THE TEAM HAS ITS PERKS
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities. This is a great time to join because we’re growing and we want to promote from within.
- FUN, high-impact, and fast-paced environment. We want you to love working here…so much that you recruit your friends.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans. We’ve got your family covered.
- Unlimited PTO. Paid Holidays. We expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life.
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan. If all goes well, this could change your life. Really.
- Consistent & fair leadership. We’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap