Junior Graphic Designer, Restaurant Marketing
Los Angeles, CA
Do you believe that a restaurant’s brand plays an important factor in their success? Are you an ambitious designer looking to collaborate and learn in a fast-paced environment? Look no further, ChowNow is seeking a detail oriented Junior Graphic Designer with a positive attitude to join the Design Team. We know you’ll be a good fit because you’re a team player with a thirst to learn. You stay inspired and take pride in putting your best work into the world and we do too.
ChowNow is the ordering platform dedicated to helping local restaurants grow and compete in a sustainable way. At ChowNow, we’re driven by one purpose: to help local restaurants thrive. By helping diners discover their delicious creations and helping restaurants connect with customers new and old.
ChowNow powers branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across the US — via restaurants’ own websites, on Facebook and Google pages, through ChowNow-created apps, and via ChowNow’s website— while also providing our restaurant partners key customer insights and marketing support.
Using ChowNow’s branded apps and website allows diners to connect with the best independent restaurants in their communities to order takeout (and in some cases delivery) in a way that’s sustainable and fair to restaurants.
This position is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — just a few minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should, too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor!
About the Position:
At ChowNow, we believe that a restaurant’s brand should be at the forefront and we are dedicated to helping them compete with the big guys. Restaurant assets come to us in a variety of shapes, sizes and types. Your responsibility is to evaluate and make sure the assets meet requirements for launch. If they do not, you will be required to estimate the time that it will take you to help them meet those standards and execute, whether that be by recreating, tracing, rebuilding or redesigning them so that they are ready for printing and publishing. You will help to create customized marketing materials using and adjusting our pre-existing templates as needed. This is a high volume, fast turn around position where you will need to keep on your toes and be prepared to collaborate across departments to achieve the best possible results for our restaurant partners.
Reports to Design Team Lead, Restaurant Marketing; No Direct Reports
Within 30 Days, You'll...
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Time manage and be able to communicate your workload on a daily basis to the team.
- Know how to identify and manage your daily tasks through Salesforce.
- Consistently complete 20 design tasks per day including rebuilding logos, designing signs and cards through a templated design.
Within 3 Months, You'll...
- Troubleshoot client assets in order for them to launch with ChowNow.
- Become an expert at identifying why an asset might be ineligible for launch.
- Be able to confidently communicate to Account Coordinators about assets needed.
Within 6 Months, You'll...
- Be able to design and deliver any of the templated marketing materials that we offer to our restaurant clients.
- Be active in the Account Coordinator/Design Team slack channel, answering questions and lending knowledge.
You Should Apply If:
- You have experience converting assets into digital files using the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You know how to precisely prepare files for print production.
- You love to collaborate but you’re self-motivated and be able to work independently.
- You’re naturally detail oriented and possess exceptional follow-through skills.
- You can communicate in a clear, concise and effective manner.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.