Sales Development Manager
Kansas City, MO or Remote /
Are you known for your high energy and ability to inspire your sales team to achieve greatness? If you’re an overachiever, who enjoys delivering exceptional results and wants to help build our business, this is an outstanding job opportunity for you!
ChowNow is the ordering platform dedicated to helping local restaurants grow and compete in a sustainable way. At ChowNow, we’re driven by one purpose: to help local restaurants thrive. By helping diners discover their delicious creations and helping restaurants connect with customers new and old.
ChowNow powers branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across the US — via restaurants’ own websites and Google pages, through ChowNow-created apps, and via ChowNow’s website— while also providing our restaurant partners key customer insights and marketing support.
We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should, too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor!
About the Position:
As our Sales Development Manager, you will be working with 9-12 highly motivated Sales Development Representatives, and will be responsible for helping them to drive results and achieve a higher level of mastery of their roles.
Reports to Vice President of Growth Marketing
Within 1 Month You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Establish and run weekly team meetings including: 1:1s with your direct reports; define individual goals with each rep to be reviewed and discussed each week with leadership; report on your team’s quota attainment, progress to weekly / monthly / quarterly goals, and conversion rates
- Successfully complete ChowNow sales process and methodology training and demonstrate that you can help the team with specific questions and effectively coach them through opportunity creation.
- Understand ChowNow’s Salesforce.com instance. You can customize reports, dashboards, and required data to give you an optimized view into SDR production.
- Execute and train on the ChowNow’s approach to cold calling
Within 3 Months You’ll:
- Have diagnosed strengths and weaknesses of your team.
- Partner with Sales Development leadership to build your first training session based on your assessment of the most time sensitive area of weakness.
- Train to hire and promote SDR’s.
- Execute and Assist in Further Developing Ramp Camp training for new SDR’s
- Have an understanding of the ChowNow Value Prop and sales pillars.
Within 6 Months You’ll:
- Accurately report and forecast (within 7%) by partnering with your reps, Finance, and Sales Ops
- Ensure your team maintains high standards of data integrity within our Salesforce.com instance, resulting in increased levels of connection rates with prospects from our sales and marketing programs
- Identify team workflow needs and work with Growth Marketing Operations and Growth Marketing leadership to implement process changes and/or new tools in the sales stack
- Cultivate a great culture within your team.
Within 12 Months You’ll:
- Maintain average accepted opportunity beyond 85 per month per fully ramped SDR.
- Maintain KPI (Key Performance Indicator) expectations and pull through
- Maintain the accepted demo rate of opportunities by the sales team beyond 80%
You Should Apply If:
- You are a top performer on your team who consistently hits or exceeds goals.
- You are looked at as a natural leader amongst your team and continuously share best practices to drive team success.
- You have a proven track record in Inside SMB sales
- You have strong coaching and strategic selling skills – creating a business plan, assessing territories, qualifying targets and prioritizing sales efforts
- You have proven ability to develop, drive and thrive in a metrics-driven, process-based environment with high accountability
- You have knowledge of Salesforce, Apple products, Google Docs and Excel
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Competitive Vacation Policy; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Six weeks of fully paid parental leave (primary and secondary)
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Monthly Wellness Reimbursement
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Industry Speakers Series
- Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.