Deal Desk Analyst, Revenue Operations
Los Angeles, CA /
Do you have strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to balance competing demands? Are you curious by nature and love to solve problems and build processes to support? Can you foster and maintain strong working relationships with critical business partners to expedite review and approval process for operational processes? Then we might have the perfect opportunity for you.
About the Team:
At ChowNow, our mission is to help local restaurants grow their business by improving relationships with their customers.
We are passionate about serving the needs of over 18,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners, who transact over $4M daily on the ChowNow platform.
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
About the Position
Our ideal Deal Analyst will have a strong attention to detail, analytical aptitude, and a curiosity regarding how our various teams can work together to deliver value for our restaurant partners and ChowNow. Effective management, automation and optimization for operational workflows will allow our Revenue Organization to scale in growth and revenue production.
Reports to the Director of Revenue Operations; No Direct Reports
The Deal Analyst will help accelerate revenue growth of our growing business. You will be providing critical operational support and be responsible for:
- Operational reporting maintenance and workflows related to Deal Desk management.
- Supporting the Revenue team in structuring and executing deals and liaison with all cross functional teams involved in the agreement process (Finance, Product, Customer Service, etc).
- Function as a sales advocate to liaise with Legal and Finance business partners to address/resolve sales impediments.
- Maintain scalable operations and feedback loop to the business to increase deal velocity and efficiency.
- Ensure the accuracy of complex databases, reports, and related details through audits, queries, and operational reviews; investigate and work to resolve discrepancies.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Meet with Revenue leadership to identify inefficiencies and gaps to document, streamline, automate and maintain existing workflows for Deal Desk operations.
- Effectively escalate new solution use-cases outside of current approval processes.
Within 60 Days, You’ll:
- Engage with designated sales teams to provide pricing and deal structuring guidance by functioning in Sales advisory capacity to coach Sales on objection handling techniques, contractual options, and standard business terms.
- Perform regular solution and deal analysis in order to support business initiatives.
- Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on non-standard deal constructs, special pricing, operations, approval policies, and troubleshooting of deal issues and sales escalations.
Within 90 Days, You’ll:
- Streamline and automate the process for non-standard deal approvals, such as thresholds and rules, exception alerting and communications, and tips/techniques and recommended workarounds.
- Maintain pricing calculator & discounting templates.
- Work with deal support teams (e.g. Finance, Accounting, Customer Service, etc.) to address complex pricing/commercial terms and provide options to enable sales to address and overcome customer objections while maximizing revenue/bookings.
You Should Apply If You Have:
- Strong self-motivation and high attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Able to multi-task to tackle large volumes of operational requests.
- Have a scrappy mindset and ability to solve problems independently
- An ownership attitude
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.