Data Analyst, Revenue Operations
Los Angeles, CA
Are you an experienced Data Analyst ready to make an immediate impact? Do you love the challenge of deciphering and analyzing complex data? If metrics and chowing are your thing, then we might have the perfect opportunity for you.
About the Team:
At ChowNow, our mission is to help local restaurants grow their business by improving relationships with their customers.
We are passionate about serving the needs of over 10,000 restaurants to help them compete in an increasingly technical world. Our team works on products focused on restaurant clients and their diners, who transact over $1M daily on the ChowNow platform.
We believe positive relationships make our team able to do more with less. You will collaborate, learn, teach, and experiment with new approaches to getting big things done together.
Our team is located in the Playa Vista neighborhood and tech hub of Los Angeles — just a few minutes from both the beach and the freeways. We believe in equal opportunity for all, and you should, too. We’ve been named a Best Place to Work, have been certified as a Great Place to Work, and have a whole bunch of happy employees on Glassdoor.
About the position:
As our Data Analyst, you will work on our core products and business functions to help shape the future of what we build and how we provide service at ChowNow.
Reports to Director of Revenue Operations; No Direct Reports
Specifically, you will:
- Proactively partner with Data and Sales teams to identify, test and scale processes and tools to increase sales efficiency and effectiveness to drive meaningful improvements in revenue growth.
- Identify and track KPIs that can be scaled across the organization, continually refine forecast models and operational workflows that provide visibility into future performance, enforce SLAs that complement relevant business processes and improve decision making.
- Support the development and continual refinement of scalable compensation plans that incentivize the desired employee behavior and optimize for the most important business drivers.
- Focus on creating and improving Sales reporting frameworks and data visualization. You'll own everything from ad-hoc reporting to long term analytical and statistical projects that will greatly affect our business outcomes.
- Build and own Mode Analytics dashboards and other data visualization tools as leveraged for Sales KPIs and analytics.
Within one month, you’ll:
- Experience employee onboarding to absorb ChowNow’s mission, products, history, culture and toolsets.
- Obtain access to all datasets including our data warehouse, SFDC, Zuora, corporate library, Mode Analytics and others.
- Work with various stakeholders, to understand business drivers, goals and actionable outcomes using analytics.
- Be fully ramped building dashboards within Mode Analytics, querying data warehouse for ad hoc data requests and maintaining recurring Sales KPIs and dashboards.
- Own Sales commission and bonus payout reporting.
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Work with teams across ChowNow to improve the general understanding of Sales Operations and Revenue performance.
- Assume responsibility for day-to-day data operations for data across the company.
- Identify root causes of any data issues and propose solutions.
- Create and improve reporting to drive business intelligence for everything sales data related, from tracking goals and handling sales workflows to creating pipeline visibility and building forecasts.
- Have gained deep insight into our client behaviors, diner behaviors, the definition of both success and failure at the client level, and general trends in our ecosystem.
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Completely own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
- Drive data quality and automation initiatives across billing, CRM and operational systems / tools.
- Implement best practices in reporting, analysis, data integrity, and documentation
- Create and refine machine learning models to project growth, performance and various KPI’s.
Within 12 months, you’ll:
- Earn trust and respect throughout the organization based upon your delivery of valuable insights and reporting.
- Automate interactive dashboards for decision makers to self serve different data views and dive into operational details without assistance from the data team.
- Influence product, sales, service and finance teams through presentation of data-driven presentations and proposals.
- Be well on you way to creating a measurable ROI for the organization from the efficiencies that you have implemented and the new corporate opportunities that you have discovered.
You Should Apply If:
- You have a background in a quantitative or technical field.
- You have strong knowledge of SQL and advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- You have experience working with large data sets, enterprise reporting and dashboards and data visualization tools.
- You are focused on results, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of products, teams and organizations.
- You are an effective communicator to various audiences and frequently collaborate with cross functional teams.
- You have the capacity to remain flexible, adept at learning new tools and independently problem solve at high velocity and confidence.
- You have the ability to implement new systems and processes within a team atmosphere
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.