Los Angeles, CA
About ChowNow Engineering
ChowNow Engineering is built on a foundation of communication, superlative talent, agile processes, and camaraderie. Our team is located in Playa Vista, CA — the heart of LA Tech.
ChowNow is a fast-growing tech company on a mission to give restaurants a competitive edge with best-in-class mobile and online ordering technology. Since 2010, we've built personalized ordering systems for more than 5,000 restaurants nationwide – making it easy for customers to order directly from their website, Facebook page, and branded iPhone and Android apps. Based in Playa Vista, CA, ChowNow is dedicated to helping restaurants grow their to-go businesses, strengthen customer relationships, and compete with national chains using leading technology.
About the Position
A Full-Stack Engineer at ChowNow will demonstrate an exceptional attention to detail, critical reasoning ability, and possess the below skills and experience to succeed at wide-ranging daily software development and architecture roles.
- Ability to diagnose issues reported by non-technical staff and end-users
- Possess strong technical writing and whiteboard communication skills
- Work on backend challenges such as pinpointing memory leaks, managing high-volume messaging queues, and improving database performance
- Have an understanding of UI and UX paradigms
- Design, implement, and maintain back-end and/or front-end web application components to support and scale 100x annual growth
- Document and test critical workflows
- Assist QA in developing a test plan for new features
- At bi-weekly engineering planning meetings: estimate issue points and help divide and conquer backlog for sprint resolution
This person should have experience with and proficiency with the following tech:
- Python, other object-oriented programming languages
- Web Frameworks: (Bottle, Flask, Django)
- Relational Databases: (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- DVCS software (Git, GitHub)
- UNIX (Linux, FreeBSD)
- Issue Management Software (JIRA)
As a bonus, experience with the following is highly desired:
- Ember.js (or other MV* JS framework)
- JS templating (Handlebars)
- RESTful web service-driven frontends
- Testing Frameworks: (Nose, Selenium)
- Web application security hardening
- Document Storage Databases: (Redis, Tokyo Cabinet, DBM)
Joining The Team Has Its Perks
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities. This is a great time to join because we’re growing and we want to promote from within.
- FUN, high-impact, and fast-paced environment. We want you to love working here…so much that you recruit your friends.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans. We’ve got your family covered.
- Unlimited PTO. Paid Holidays. We expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life.
- Employer paid student loan assistance program
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan. If all goes well, this could change your life. Really.
- Consistent & fair leadership. We’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap