Conversion Rate Optimization Specialist
Los Angeles, CA /
Growth Marketing /
Are you an experienced website testing guru who has a passion for 10xing website conversion rates? We’re looking for a strategic, experienced performance website specialist who is obsessed with managing and executing against a robust website testing program to increase conversion and performance. If this sounds like you, then we might have the perfect opportunity for you!
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 18,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As a Website Optimization Specialist on the Growth Marketing team, you will be responsible for owning an “always-on” testing program aimed at increasing conversion rate on ChowNow’s B2B website. You’ll plan a high volume of A/B and multivariate tests and work closely with the content, brand, and design teams to execute, measure, and deliver high-impact conversion results while staying true to ChowNow’s brand standards. You’ll own our web analytics (Google Analytics) and testing platform (VWO) to proactively track, monitor, and analyze all quantitative and qualitative website data to identify opportunities for testing and optimization. You’ll create reports and dashboards based on senior management requirements that give visibility into website performance tests, and will regularly present your findings to senior stakeholders around insights and results. You’ll also own implementing non-HTML related changes to our Wordpress instance (adding all content, images, copy changes, etc.) You’ll work in partnership with a designer to execute all tests.
Within 30 Days, You’ll:
- Complete our ChowNow onboarding (Los Angeles or remote) where you’ll learn the ins and outs about ChowNow and our products.
- Familiarize yourself with key players on the Growth Marketing team, Design team, and Wordpress team, gaining a deep understanding of our website development process.
- Complete an audit of ChowNow’s website from a conversion perspective, documenting your observations, and proposing a list of “quick wins.”
- Complete a deep dive into ChowNow’s Google Analytics instance, and make a presentation to your manager with observations and tactical recommendations for short and long term improvements.
- Dive into ChowNow’s A/B testing tool, audit our past tests, and create a testing plan for the quarter.
Within 60 Days, You’ll:
- Launch your first series of 3 multivariate tests in our A/B testing tool.
- Work with content and design teams to test all changes implemented as a part of our website redesign, advocating for all things conversion rate.
- Implement a process for utilizing our heat mapping and session recordings capabilities on a regular cadence, making qualitative insights actionable.
- Double the conversion rate on ChowNow’s B2B website.
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Ramp up to 30+ A/B tests per month on the website.
- Improve ChowNow’s website conversion rate by 10xMake a presentation to cross-departmental and executive stakeholders around website optimization best practices, advocating for an “always on” testing culture.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 2-4 years of experience of working with fast-paced marketing teams
- You consider yourself an expert in A/B testing tools
- You are a Google Analytics expert
- You have significant experience with conversion rate optimization best practices
- You have significant experience with SEO best practices
- You develop deep, cross-functional relationships built on trust
- You have demonstrated success in website optimization
- You have an ability to work independently with minimal supervision and cannot stand gaps in process, even when you are the first to notice
- You are highly analytical and have a knack for seeing stories in the data that aren’t always obvious
- You are results driven, have strong attention to detail, and are highly organized
- You have stellar communication skills, and are able to synthesize complex information and deliver it in a relatable way
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A “Best Place to Work” winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.