Traffic Manager, Production Design
Los Angeles, CA or Remote /
Marketing Production /
Do you believe that systems and organization are as much of an art as design itself? Do you consider yourself to be an advocate for efficiency? Do you enjoy collaborating with stakeholders, designers, and production artists to guide materials across the finish line from being a concept to reality? ChowNow is looking for a passionate Traffic Manager for our production team that will help us keep our projects running smoothly and without delay. We know you’ll be a good value add because of your ability to thrive in a fast paced environment that brings new projects every day. You take pride in helping others reach their goals and so do we.
About the Position:
As the Traffic Manager, Production Design, you will be responsible for managing the project queue for the production team. Your ability to collaborate across departments will allow you to set expectations for gathering assets, provide communication of blockers, and handle escalations. You will use your time and project management skills to ensure that final files are prepared for distribution in the proper file format on schedule. Your ability to promote collaboration, set goals for team efficiency levels and hold production artists accountable to our set timelines will ensure that the team is performing at its best.
This role reports to the Design Program Manager; no direct reports.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, Instagram, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 18,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
Specifically, you will:
- Assign production projects for daily Restaurant Marketing requests
- Assign and manage timelines for the creation of final mechanicals for larger design initiatives
- Review Salesforce project tickets to ensure that the required information has been provided and the necessary assets have been collected
- Attend kickoff and GTM meetings to keep informed of new projects in the pipeline and provide status updates on existing projects from the production team
- Stay abreast of design progress on new products that will be coming through to the team for mechanicals and production in order to adjust timelines and prioritize projects
- Conduct daily standups to go over items/tasks assigned, confirm timelines, and determine if there are any roadblocks
- Participate in weekly meetings with the Design Program Manager to review team productivity, staffing needs, and any common issues
- Communicate any blockers to the appropriate team members or stakeholders
- Finds gaps in the workflow and carry out projects to streamline processes
Within 30 days, you'll…
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Learn about the details and requirements for all of the Restaurant Marketing products in our Marketing Store
- Learn how to use Salesforce to assign tasks, run reports, and monitor productivity
- Familiarize yourself with the design project board on Notion and track when projects are ready to move into production
- Master ChowNow’s folder and file structure for all client assets
- Attend meetings with leaders from the various Restaurant Success departments to learn about their current processes and their needs from the Restaurant Marketing Production team
- Shadow the Design Program Manager in project kickoffs & status meetings with stakeholders from various departments
- Attend design progress check-in meetings with Design Program Manager & Creative Producer
Within 60 days, you'll…
- Take the lead in assigning tasks to the production team
- Lead morning stand-ups with the team
- Confidently handle escalated issues such as missing information in production tickets, approving or denying last minute requests, or shifting priorities
- Run weekly production reports to share in your meetings with the Design Program Manager
- Present suggestions that could increase our productivity, decrease turn-around times, or improve processes
Within 90 days, you'll...
- Build documentation for guidelines to working with the team: asset collection, requirements, turn-around times, pre-approval for special requests, etc
- Use Notion to create a production workflow & project board that runs parallel to the design board
- Collaborate with the Creative Producer to ensure that the production resources and schedule align with the needs of the design team
You Should Apply If:
- You have 3-4 years of experience in traffic management
- You love to get detailed with documentation and defining guidelines for production teams
- You have a passion for productivity and metrics
- You enjoy creating processes that boost the capabilities of your team
- You can set clear goals and hold yourself and others accountable for the results
- You have an in-depth knowledge of print and digital production
- You have managed a high volume of digital assets with tight turn-around times
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A “best place to work” winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.