Customer Support Representative
Los Angeles, CA
Do you have a passion for building meaningful relationships? Do you excel in a fast paced retail or restaurant environment? Do you aspire to be a part of a team that leaves it all on the field in the name of helping local restaurants thrive? If so, this may be your next opportunity! We’re looking for a highly-motivated Customer Service Specialist who is relentless in helping customers as quickly and efficiently as possible.
About the Position:
Customer Support plays an indispensable role in our success as a company. As a Customer Support Representative, you are the voice of ChowNow, helping our restaurants and diners have a positive experience via the phone, email, and our online chat feature. You must be calm, caring and compassionate, and have a strong sense of empathy in difficult situations. Specifically, you are responsible for processing 1,000 tickets per month and maintaining high-quality scores.
A one-of-a-kind workplace on a mission to preserve one-of-a-kind food.
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
Within 1 Month, you'll:
- Complete the ChowNow New Hire Ramp Camp. Learn about ChowNow and about the restaurant industry, gaining an understanding of our product and our customers.
- Complete all scheduled pieces of training with CS Managers and other ChowNow trainers to learn how to use all internal tools and how each of the features of the product work, including basic features as well as all add-on features.
- Solve your first 300 email and inbound call cases. Learn from our CS Managers to prioritize incoming customer inquiries, and the process to escalate as necessary to internal teams.
Within 3 Months, you'll:
- Consistently handle customer inquiries within set SLAs.
- Prioritize and escalate issues in way that focuses on the most critical customer needs.
- Successfully graduate our product training course to be able to explain product feature and best practices for how to use them.
Within 6 Months, you'll:
- Be eligible to participate in the CS Badging Program, which is a way to become an expert in different areas within ChowNow. Once you have a badge, you will be the go-to person in CS to handle internal escalations around your badge topic.
Within 12 Months, you'll:
- Proactively identify, pilot and implement ways to increase efficiency in Customer Support processes; assess results and refine.
- Assist in training new CSRs through shadowing sessions and coaching on best practices.
You should apply If:
- You have a solid foundation in customer service, with strong communication skills. Past experience in technical customer service (email, phone, chat or live) is definitely a plus, but not required.
- You are smart, independent, self-motivated, empathetic, passionate about supporting our customers, and a team player even in stressful situations.
- You’re incredibly organized, detail-oriented, and are capable of handling multiple responsibilities at the same time, specifically a high-volume of inbound phone calls.
- You have a mindset for using technology and can quickly learn how to use new tools.
- You’re available to begin a shift as early as 6:00am and end as late as 9:00pm.
- You’re available to work some holidays and weekends.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive compensation
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.