IT Program Manager
Los Angeles, CA or Remote /
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About The Position:
As an IT Program Manager at ChowNow, you will be responsible for managing and executing a portfolio of projects in Corporate IT, delivering solutions and services across the organization to better enable our teams to help restaurants thrive. This is an exciting opportunity to be the first IT Program Manager in the organization, where you will be partnering with the IT Manager to help organize the program roadmap and influence the strategic priorities for Corporate IT to meet business objectives. You will be responsible for driving improvement, efficiencies, and iteration in the IT Program and will be a champion of IT change management processes.
Certifications are not required, but technical project management experience is critical.
This position reports to the Lead Program Manager, TechOps; no current direct reports.
Specifically, you will:
- Manage a portfolio of projects in Corporate IT to accomplish strategic objectives, partnering with the IT Manager to drive roadmap execution and actively prioritize work.
- Implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards by resolving issues and promoting process improvements.
- Lead IT projects throughout the entire project management lifecycle, managing timing, scope, and costs on multiple projects of varying difficulty at the same time.
- Facilitate project planning, iteration planning, progress tracking, retrospectives and reporting.
- Continually identify, prioritize, problem solve and mitigate project risks, utilizing lifecycle data to proactively raise risks and trade off decisions to key stakeholders.
- Handle budget management, vendor management, complex issue resolution, and executive presentations.
- Establish communication channels to ensure that final deliverables of the technical team meet the expectations of the end users.
- Ensure all status materials and program/project documents are compiled, aggregated and complete and remain well-maintained.
- Manage, administer, and customize project management tools such as Jira and Asana for the team’s use.
- Become a champion and advocate for team health.
Within 30 Days You’ll:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience).
- Learn about our sales and onboarding processes to understand the value ChowNow brings to local restaurant owners.
- Learn and get comfortable with the available project management tools in the company (Asana, Jira, Confluence).
- Work with IT Manager and Lead TechOps Program Manager to identify priority projects, meet with key stakeholders, and develop a plan for immediate action, while curating plans for future development.
Within 60 Days You’ll:
- Understand our current technology and IT services posture.
- Present proposed project plans to IT Manager and Lead TechOps Program Manager
- Manage relationships with third-party vendors required for IT project execution.
- Establish and monitor plans to ensure the realization of goals and continuous improvements in relation to Corporate IT and end-user training.
- Perform weekly reviews of IT improvement opportunities and escalate to the IT Manager and Security Technical Project Manager as needed.
Within 90 Days You’ll:
- Begin executing 1-2 projects; creating and managing project plans in a task management tool and building strong relationships and trust with both team members and stakeholders.
- Identify and execute on opportunities for more effective and efficient processes.
- Identify risks and apply mitigation techniques to ensure timely project execution.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 3-5 years experience performing cross-functional technical project or program management, preferably in a startup environment.
- You have understanding and previous experience with standard project management methodologies and delivery approaches (waterfall and agile) including the frameworks outlined by PMI and Scrum Alliance.
- You have extremely strong communication skills, and are able to adjust for stakeholders in a variety of disciplines (Marketing, Finance, etc.), as well as technical staff (IT, Engineering).
- You are familiar with IT frameworks (COBIT, ITL, ISO, etc.) and IT Corporate solutions and tools (device management solutions, automation tools, threat management, vulnerability management, application security).
- You understand the basics of SaaS services delivery and associated key metrics.
- You are passionate about technology and all things IT throughout an organization: best practices, testing, and training.
- You are customer centric and have excellent leadership skills.
- You like to solve problems and are always looking for ways to improve team performance.
- You have excellent organization and time management, and know how to keep teams organized and on track.
- You are comfortable in fast paced and complex environments.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive Salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series.
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Read here about your California privacy rights.