Territory Manager, Partnerships (Outside Sales) - Columbia, SC
Columbia, South Carolina
Seeking self-motivated and gregarious business development representative that wants to make money selling an innovative technology that truly helps local restaurants survive and flourish in a quickly evolving world.
About The Job
This Territory Manager role is a full-time, high base salary + generous commission outside sales position based in the South East. This person will be play a key role in helping the company grow by working with our top partner in the industry, US Foods. This is a closing role focused on increasing sales within our partnership channel. You will be traveling ~75% to specified areas within the region. Your time will be spent in the field collaborating with US Foods to sell our innovative online ordering platform to restaurants and increasing the ChowNow presence with the partnership. You will be provided with the great resources, guidance, and continuing professional development within a rapidly growing company.
ChowNow is a fast-growing tech company on a mission to give restaurants a competitive edge with best-in-class mobile and online ordering technology. Since 2010, we've built personalized ordering systems for more than 5,000 restaurants nationwide – making it easy for customers to order directly from their website, Facebook page, and branded iPhone and Android apps. Based in Playa Vista, CA, ChowNow is dedicated to helping restaurants grow their to-go businesses, strengthen customer relationships, and compete with national chains using leading technology.
- Build and nurture relationships with US Foods representatives in the South East in order to grow the sales channel through increased referrals.
- Collaborate with our partnership contacts to identify and set up meetings with qualified local restaurants
- Effectively manage your schedule to maximize effectiveness on the road. Region includes South Carolina, Florida & Alabama.
- Conduct demos on the phone and in person while keeping partner contacts in the loop.
- Execute a buyer-centric sales process, solving real problems beyond solely pitching.
- Meet and exceed a fair quota for new restaurant accounts within the partnership channel.
- Represent ChowNow at regional partner events, presenting the solution as a top business solution and value added service.
- Guide restaurants during the setup process while transitioning the relationships to a ChowNow Account Manager.
Skills & qualifications you'll need to succeed
- You are an experienced, hungry sales professional with a proven track record of winning deals in a short sales cycle
- You are skilled at nurturing relationships and using indirect selling and promotion
- You have experience working with long term and established partnership relationships
- You know the food distribution business, and can easily earn trust of US Foods employees.
- You have the ability to balance showing respect for the partnership relationships and perseverance in closing deals with partnership restaurants.
- You enjoy the entire sales process (prospecting, qualifying, positioning, closing, and supporting client onboarding).
- You work smart AND hard. You build trusting and lasting relationships that can be leveraged into successful growth and sales.
- You love technology. You use sales tools and tech in your everyday sales process. Salesforce.com, Marketo, Join.Me, Signals, Google Apps…no problem.
- You possess the power of deduction. You can identify clients’ needs and develop creative and effective sales strategies to get them onboard.
- You practice as hard as you play. You’re a market expert, you know your competitors, you’re up to date on the latest trends, you’re coachable, and you’re willing to put in the time to master your craft to understand how your buyer makes decisions.
- You are a team player. You participate and engage in team activities that improve processes and results while building a team culture of success and community.
- You can think on your feet. If someone catches you off guard, you can recover without skipping a beat.
- 2+ years of success with short sales cycles. Sales to restaurants a BIG plus. Experience working in partnerships is a preferred.
- Has the proven ability to thrive while working in the field with your own home office.
- You’re assertive, persuasive, and persistent but still an amazing listener with a contagiously positive attitude.
- You’re genuinely curious about people, local restaurants, and food trends.
- You have an insatiable appetite for winning deals (and good food)
Joining the team has its perks
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- This is a great time to join because we’re growing and we want to promote from within.
- FUN, high-impact, and fast-paced environment. We want you to love working here…so much that you recruit your friends.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Unlimited PTO. Paid Holidays. We expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life.
- Employer contributing student loan assistance program
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan. If all goes well, this could change your life. Really.
- Consistent & fair leadership. We’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.