Salesforce Platform Developer
Los Angeles, CA
About the Team:
ChowNow is unique among tech startups in the restaurant space. We power branded online ordering systems for independent restaurants across North America – via websites, Facebook, Google, and through branded iOS and Android apps – and we do it all for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order volume. We operate this way because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our restaurant partners. And the same goes for our workplace.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. And we pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their mark. To date we’ve created over 11,000 apps for our restaurant partners – something that’s never been done before in our category. And as we expand to new markets, further spreading the word about the ChowNow difference, those opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase. If this sounds like the kind of workplace, and the kind of mission, that appeals to you, we’d love to talk.
Learn more by checking out our reviews on Glassdoor (they’re excellent). Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one restaurant at a time.
About the Position:
As a Salesforce Developer, you will use your expertise in the Salesforce platform to create solutions for ChowNow’s most important strategic initiatives as we scale our mission to help local restaurants thrive.
This role is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Business Systems Director.
Specifically you will:
- Use your Salesforce platform expertise to design and execute solutions for new strategic goals while supporting incoming production requests.
- Partner with key business stakeholders to develop Salesforce as a platform for smarter selling, growth marketing, and customer support at scale.
- Contribute to the application administration needed for NetSuite, Dell Boomi, Stripe, and Docusign supporting our finance operations team.
- Discover processes that can be automated to enrich the user experience for our end users and customers, then design and execute elegant solutions.
- Manage environments, deployments, and conduct unit testing, as well as data cleansing & data import tasks.
- Review and refactor existing code and configuration, while adhering to Salesforce best practices for declarative development.
- Discover processes that can be automated, then architect and execute elegant solutions to help our Sales and Growth Marketing scale.
- Contribute as a valued team member to our culture of mutual respect, productivity, diversity, and continuous learning.
Within 1 Month You’ll:
- Complete the ChowNow onboarding camp.
- Shadow each stakeholder department, gaining an understanding of the ChowNow business workflows in Salesforce and our ecosystem of integrated applications.
- Begin attending regular prioritization and requirements meetings as part of the Business Systems team.
- Start contributing with the completion of your first declarative development tasks.
Within 3 Months You’ll:
- Participate as an active team member in bi-weekly development sprints.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the integration logic in Dell Boomi.
- Complete knowledge sharing sessions with existing team members on Salesforce, NetSuite, Dell Boomi and the business tool ecosystem.
- Complete deep learning with at least one business unit on Salesforce use and identify gaps or areas of enhancement.
Within 6 Months You’ll:
- Contribute to the successful completion of at least one strategic project.
- Own the end to end process for your assigned user stories; from requirements through unit testing and release.
- Work with stakeholders to solve at least one pain point in the Sales and growth marketing process.
You Should Apply If:
- You have 4+ years of enterprise system administration in CRM or ERP systems including basic development on one or both of those platforms.
- You have an understanding of web services and API development using SOAP and REST.
- You are comfortable wearing a solution architecture hat, working directly with business stakeholders to understand their goals and requirements.
- You have an understanding of SDLC best practices and demonstrable experience applying them to Salesforce application development, including unit testing, code hygiene and repository maintenance.
- You have the ability to shift gears between declarative configuration, code and integration development.
- You have at least 1 active Salesforce certification. (Additional certifications are a plus)
- You work well as a team, contributing to our culture of collaboration, sharing knowledge, and encouraging each other.
- You have a personal passion for continued learning.
About Our Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities
- A "best place to work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 6 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 6 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool)
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan
- Quarterly Industry Speakers Series
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion)
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.